PDA

View Full Version : being attacked?

somebeast
02-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Why am i being attacked on the forums? I thought this was a safe place.Clearly some people can be extremely rude.I am now accused of being a troll? wtf .I promise you i am a normal person who post here every couple of months.So can i get some help here? I dont mind taking some tips on better posting etiquette.Really i am just a helpless foreign boy(man) .

Larrysümmers
02-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Some people are quick to pull out the troll card. just forget about it. i mean it is the internet, who cares? i just ignore them and get along with my day :D

LeeD
02-26-2011, 02:46 PM
I'd a start out saying "I'm good coach" first of all.
Then maybe state years of experience, goals, your age, and where you live including how far you can relocate or travel to work.
Without posting the above, it's hard to take you seriously.

somebeast
02-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Hmm that does make sense thank you (: .I would think that guy was one of those people who abuses people in highschool.

GetBetterer
02-26-2011, 03:34 PM
What LeeD said somebeast. You started off with "I'm a really awesome coach, and the best in my area. When I look at other coaches they're failures" with nothing to back it up.

somebeast
02-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Well thats from my history I started playing with i was 8 .And i was not advancing so fast for about 3-4 years due the coaches fault for not teaching me proper technique.Luckily i found a some old guy who owned his own club and brought from some top players 10-20 in israel.So he brought me up to speed.
From my experience many coaches dont have proper technique them selfs.Alot of the coaches dont really know how to teach a proper serve or 2nd serve.This is why many players dont have a 2nd serve till today.Thanks to this coach i actully have a proper serve Not as good as nadal perhaps but my coach was trying to teach me to serve and volley like sampras infact we always used him and boris becker as an example.

Funbun
02-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Welcome to the real world. You'll get attacked anywhere, anytime. Personally, I try to read and Google as much as I can before I post any questions on this board.

dennis10is
02-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Why am i being attacked on the forums? I thought this was a safe place.Clearly some people can be extremely rude.I am now accused of being a troll? wtf .I promise you i am a normal person who post here every couple of months.So can i get some help here? I dont mind taking some tips on better posting etiquette.Really i am just a helpless foreign boy(man) .

Somebeast,

I suggest that you try to be humble and considerate.

Take my lead. I'm so incredibly gifted as an athlete, scholar, businessman, leader that I've decided to not ruin tennis by turning pro just yet. I'm going to wait until I'm 90 years old, when the effect of aging begins to slow me down. It is at the moment in my life, when I'm closer to the rest of humanity that I will reveal myself to the tennis community and wow them. Those living now but will not live another 50 years will not be able to be awed and inspired by my greatness and I feel for them. However, it I were to unleash my godlike athethic prowess it would destroy tennis for there will be absolutely no competition for the next 60-70 years.

I'm a gracious and giving demi-god, hence I will let the Federer and the Nadal to enjoy their moments of fame. In due course, I shall shatter all tennis records during the close of my first century of life. I will dominate not only tennis but will rule the other major sports, football, soccer, basketball, baseball, cricket, Formula 1, all winter and summer Olympics sports.

I will stop now, and not tell you about my other exploits in science, politics, the arts, etc.. because I'm sensitive and do not wish to make you feel small, tiny, insignificant in comparison to me.

So, OP. Write something like the above to show the people here just how caring and considerate you are and they will love you but no where near as much as they will love and adore me in the future.

Your superior in every way that counts

Dennis

GetBetterer
02-26-2011, 06:26 PM
dennis10is:
Somebeast,

I suggest that you try to be humble and considerate.

Take my lead. I'm so incredibly gifted as an athlete, scholar, businessman, leader that I've decided to not ruin tennis by turning pro just yet. I'm going to wait until I'm 90 years old, when the effect of aging begins to slow me down. It is at the moment in my life, when I'm closer to the rest of humanity that I will reveal myself to the tennis community and wow them. Those living now but will not live another 50 years will not be able to be awed and inspired by my greatness and I feel for them. However, it I were to unleash my godlike athethic prowess it would destroy tennis for there will be absolutely no competition for the next 60-70 years.

I'm a gracious and giving demi-god, hence I will let the Federer and the Nadal to enjoy their moments of fame. In due course, I shall shatter all tennis records during the close of my first century of life. I will dominate not only tennis but will rule the other major sports, football, soccer, basketball, baseball, cricket, Formula 1, all winter and summer Olympics sports.

I will stop now, and not tell you about my other exploits in science, politics, the arts, etc.. because I'm sensitive and do not wish to make you feel small, tiny, insignificant in comparison to me.

So, OP. Write something like the above to show the people here just how caring and considerate you are and they will love you but no where near as much as they will love and adore me in the future.

Your superior in every way that counts

Dennis
http://daarken.com/store/images/suicidalcharge_web.jpg

ATTACK HIM!!!

SoBad
02-26-2011, 06:46 PM

Brave of you to step forward – our poster abuse advocacy taskforce will be reviewing your case. Someone from our helpless foreign boy/man unit should be in touch with you shortly. And remember – it’s not your fault.

GetBetterer
02-26-2011, 06:54 PM
SoBad:
Brave of you to step forward – our poster abuse advocacy taskforce will be reviewing your case. Someone from our helpless foreign boy/man unit should be in touch with you shortly. And remember – it’s not your fault.

http://www.ineedmotivation.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/anger.jpg

goober
02-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Well thats from my history I started playing with i was 8 .And i was not advancing so fast for about 3-4 years due the coaches fault for not teaching me proper technique.Luckily i found a some old guy who owned his own club and brought from some top players 10-20 in israel.So he brought me up to speed.
From my experience many coaches dont have proper technique them selfs.Alot of the coaches dont really know how to teach a proper serve or 2nd serve.This is why many players dont have a 2nd serve till today.Thanks to this coach i actully have a proper serve Not as good as nadal perhaps but my coach was trying to teach me to serve and volley like sampras infact we always used him and boris becker as an example.

Serve and volley like Sampras? and Boom Boom Becker as an example- excellent! Based on that explanation, you are indeed an awesome coach. BTW how much do you charge to teach someone to go boom boom like Becker? There is this woman I know, that is how shall we say tepid in this regard?

ollinger
02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
1) if you post here every few months what do you really care what anyone says about you?
2) what gave you the impression this was a safe place, whatever that means?

GetBetterer
02-28-2011, 01:27 PM
ollinger:
2) what gave you the impression this was a safe place, whatever that means?

I also would like to know the answer to this question -- seeing as how this is the internet.

albino smurf
02-28-2011, 01:31 PM
You are kind of asking for it with threads like this one. Good luck. I am actually pretty surprised you haven't caught more snark with such a title and then the whining in your post. Cheers man boy!

r2473
02-28-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm so incredibly gifted as an athlete, scholar, businessman,

pfft......I heard that you have a 3 in. pecker and can't boom, boom anything like Somebeast and Becker.

mightyrick
02-28-2011, 01:39 PM

I think you should just take the high road and respond intelligently to these attacks. For example:

"You, sir, are a d-bag."

"My assertions about my coaching skills aren't unsubstantiated. Just last night, your mother told me I was the best coach in the area."

You get the idea. Keep it above board. Respond with humility, clarity, and reverence. You'll win everyone's respect... I promise.

Kam2010
02-28-2011, 02:06 PM
First and Foremost, I found this thread very amusing and your opening statement with the safe place lol.
I think you should settle this with a video of you hitting? I would sure love to see your awesome trunk movement :D

GetBetterer
02-28-2011, 02:41 PM
mightyrick:
You get the idea. Keep it above board. Respond with humility, clarity, and reverence. You'll win everyone's respect... I promise.

Every woman wants my respect.
http://www.comicsbulletin.com/rage/images/050401/koolaidman.jpg

Manus Domini
02-28-2011, 03:09 PM

A troll on forums means someone who posts useless, pathetic, random information, not a literal troll :lol:

Manus Domini
02-28-2011, 03:12 PM
ollinger:

I also would like to know the answer to this question -- seeing as how this is the internet.

same here, I mean just because LeeD is so trusting doesn't mean we all are or should be lol

dennis10is
03-04-2011, 01:39 PM
pfft......I heard that you have a 3 in. pecker and can't boom, boom anything like Somebeast and Becker.

True, when the tiger sleeps, it is a docile cat but when engorged with the vital fluids he stretch to four times his resting length.

I do not go BOOM BOOM BOOM, by partner would not survive. On the other hand, I do not need a car jack to change my tires.

CanadianChic
03-08-2011, 09:36 PM

I'll tell you what bud, I will help you. Some call me the Robin Hood of today's era and I really can't dispute them. Now knowing nothing of your posting style and assuming you are of good faith here...

First of all, people will attack you regardless of what you post or how often. It simply is the nature of some posters to be confrontational. Develop a thick skin. Who gives a rat's arse what some random fool on the internet says? Move on. Let it go.

Secondly, if you truly feel you are being mistreated or singled out and if the violator has breached one of the forum guidelines, simply click on the 'Report' icon and bring this to the moderator's attention. Let them sort it out for you...IOW, don't bother getting sucked into a spitting match where you could end up penalized as well.

And thirdly, if you genuinely seek answers or help, just go to the Bistro thread. No one will attack you in there nor will they tolerate an attack from another poster. Chin up Mate!

hollywood9826
03-09-2011, 03:54 AM
CC,

Dont think you can for one second come in here and give sound advice to trolling dooshbag like somebeast. What makes you think anyone respects anything you have to say? Becasue your Avatar is cool? Some may have even pleasured themselves to it (I wont name names but more than likely the person initials are FEDACE), but that just speculation.

ProgressoR
03-09-2011, 10:00 PM
I'll tell you what bud, I will help you. Some call me the Robin Hood of today's era and I really can't dispute them. Now knowing nothing of your posting style and assuming you are of good faith here...

First of all, people will attack you regardless of what you post or how often. It simply is the nature of some posters to be confrontational. Develop a thick skin. Who gives a rat's arse what some random fool on the internet says? Move on. Let it go.

Secondly, if you truly feel you are being mistreated or singled out and if the violator has breached one of the forum guidelines, simply click on the 'Report' icon and bring this to the moderator's attention. Let them sort it out for you...IOW, don't bother getting sucked into a spitting match where you could end up penalized as well.

And thirdly, if you genuinely seek answers or help, just go to the Bistro thread. No one will attack you in there nor will they tolerate an attack from another poster. Chin up Mate!

Are you british???

SFrazeur
03-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Maybe they don't like your face?

-SF

sapient007
03-10-2011, 04:51 AM
CC,

Dont think you can for one second come in here and give sound advice to trolling dooshbag like somebeast. What makes you think anyone respects anything you have to say? Becasue your Avatar is cool? Some may have even pleasured themselves to it (I wont name names but more than likely the person initials are FEDACE), but that just speculation.

hollywood, hate to be a troll. but usually when someone gives initials, it is in the form of letters. i.e H.O.L.L.Y.W.O.O.D

Tennisisgod
03-10-2011, 05:50 AM

Be positive. Next time if you meet someone being rude/non-sense/childish/offensive, just walk away quietly. Keep in mind it is not your fault:)

hollywood9826
03-10-2011, 06:04 AM
hollywood, hate to be a troll. but usually when someone gives initials, it is in the form of letters. i.e H.O.L.L.Y.W.O.O.D

Then I would have to type all those periods. Im too lazy for that.

Sentinel
03-10-2011, 07:35 AM
A beast being attacked ? what has this world come to ?

JoelDali
03-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Ban hammer hit Tina.

:(

GetBetterer
03-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Hollywood, calm down.

Maybe CanadianChic didn't know somebeast. Just chill out.

TheOneHander
03-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Delete post.

dlk
03-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I was attacked by a German Shepard (~140lbs) once. Went for my throat, but stuck my arm up & hit my triceps (right). Massive bruising, with 4 puncture wounds. Also got me on the right scapula.

Hewex
03-10-2011, 04:55 PM
I was attacked by a German Shepard (~140lbs) once. Went for my throat, but stuck my arm up & hit my triceps (right). Massive bruising, with 4 puncture wounds. Also got me on the right scapula.

Whoa dude!

I was attacked by a 5' 100lb redhead one time. I barely escaped with my tennis bag intact. In hindsite, I think the only thing that saved me was that she was holding my 2 week old son.

dlk
03-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Whoa dude!

I was attacked by a 5' 100lb redhead one time. I barely escaped with my tennis bag intact. In hindsite, I think the only thing that saved me was that she was holding my 2 week old son.

She sounds hotter than my canine friend. ( I'm a dog lover, so no ill feelings).