PDA

View Full Version : Nalbandian and VCore

Boricua
02-28-2011, 11:43 AM
I thought that Nalbandian was going to switch to Yonex VCore. Has anyone heard why he has not?
Could it be that the VCore 98 is to light and less sw than the RDIS 100 MP that he currently uses?:)

Tennis Dunce
02-28-2011, 11:45 AM
I dont see how he could switch...its a dream marriage really.

Gemini
03-27-2011, 06:29 AM
I thought that Nalbandian was going to switch to Yonex VCore. Has anyone heard why he has not?
Could it be that the VCore 98 is to light and less sw than the RDIS 100 MP that he currently uses?:)

It'll be a VCore paintjob on his current racquet most likely. Even if he did switch to a "Vcore" type frame (meaning with whatever new Yonex technology that's being promoted) the racquet will still be customized to his personal specs. So..it won't be in the same category of weight/swingweight as the retail VCore 98.

Herve
03-27-2011, 06:45 AM

It's not just Nally, Berankis hasn't switched either. I still cannot fathom why Yonex would want to kill the RD line, that goes all the way back to the R-22.

It's like Wilson killing the PS/6.0/6.1 line. Madness!

I'm stocking up on the RDiS 100MP. Too much marketing surrounding the new V-Core always makes me suspicious. Plus the white PJ is way too girly, there's enough stigma playing with a Yonex already! :-)

Buckethead
03-27-2011, 06:46 AM
No,
I don't see him switching, unless they make a 16x19 for him.
Richard Berankis didn't switch neither. If nalb was to switch he would probably go to RDiS 200 or URD ti 80.
I think Yonex will come out next year with something different for them.

Boricua
03-30-2011, 06:54 AM
No,
I don't see him switching, unless they make a 16x19 for him.
Richard Berankis didn't switch neither. If nalb was to switch he would probably go to RDiS 200 or URD ti 80.
I think Yonex will come out next year with something different for them.

Yonex should give Nalbandian something fast or just stick with his current racket. He isnt getting any younger. Berankis is still young in tennis and will use a few different models along the way.:)

Birdinhio
06-25-2011, 08:15 AM
It'll be a VCore paintjob on his current racquet most likely. Even if he did switch to a "Vcore" type frame (meaning with whatever new Yonex technology that's being promoted) the racquet will still be customized to his personal specs. So..it won't be in the same category of weight/swingweight as the retail VCore 98.

Nalbandian doesn't have a paintjob though, he's playing Wimbledon with his rdis 100...
Although I don't understand why yonex would allow him to as he's now promoting a discontinued racquet, although personally I'm all for him not having a pj.

Boricua
01-18-2012, 07:59 AM
So, now in the Australian Open, what racket is this? Paint job? Or leaded VCore 98?

Huzzah
01-18-2012, 11:23 AM
What brand of shirt was Nalbandian wearing vs Isner??

Seth
01-18-2012, 11:26 AM
What brand of shirt was Nalbandian wearing vs Isner??

Topper.

10 characters

Meaghan
01-18-2012, 11:51 AM
So, now in the Australian Open, what racket is this? Paint job? Or leaded VCore 98?

Im surprised but it looks like the Vcore 98 as you can see here http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/photo?slug=928f754b9a8ffcd3cb73b6c24eb027f7-getty-508259348 its not the older hexagonal frame......

Boricua
01-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Im surprised but it looks like the Vcore 98 as you can see here http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/photo?slug=928f754b9a8ffcd3cb73b6c24eb027f7-getty-508259348 its not the older hexagonal frame......

VCore 98 came out last year. Its curious that Nalbandian waited so long to make the switch. If its the VCore and not paint job, its much lighter than than the RDIS 100 MP so it has to be leaded or customized. But, that is old news as pros dont use stock rackets, at least thats what I read all the time.

Meaghan
01-18-2012, 12:26 PM
VCore 98 came out last year. Its curious that Nalbandian waited so long to make the switch. If its the VCore and not paint job, its much lighter than than the RDIS 100 MP so it has to be leaded or customized. But, that is old news as pros dont use stock rackets, at least thats what I read all the time.

I had a pro stock Yonex, they dont use lead in general it is specced for the individual player in the factory. The one I had was Pim Pim's and it weighed in at around (if I can remember) 380g and about 4pts HL, in fact the weight in the head was significant.

gloumar
03-17-2012, 03:54 AM
I had a pro stock Yonex, they dont use lead in general it is specced for the individual player in the factory. The one I had was Pim Pim's and it weighed in at around (if I can remember) 380g and about 4pts HL, in fact the weight in the head was significant.

I have read Nalbandian still uses a Super RD TOUR (a 90s model) but I can't find the topic again... Weird stick, as I tried it in normal length : pretty heavy and not very maneuvrable, but very good spin ability and power. But didn't like the feeling, too stiff.
Anyway nalby seems to never have used Rdis100 or v-core...

Tremendous performance yesterday against rafa, he should hav won this match in the second... Hope he will beback in the 20 or less :)

Automatix
03-17-2012, 05:41 AM
I have read Nalbandian still uses a Super RD TOUR (a 90s model) but I can't find the topic again... Weird stick, as I tried it in normal length : pretty heavy and not very maneuvrable, but very good spin ability and power. But didn't like the feeling, too stiff.
Anyway nalby seems to never have used Rdis100 or v-core... You got your fact all wrong mate.

It was Hewitt who was very hesitant to change and has used the Super RD Tour 90 most of the time. However it seems he did have an episode with RQiS Tour-1 (though I think he went back to the SRDT90) but did switch to the RDiS and then to the Vcore.

Nalbandian did play with the RDiS, there are pics of his racquets here.

blackfrido
03-19-2012, 08:53 PM
photos are taken today @ Sony Miami playing with RDiS100 MP
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=6408830#post6408830

gloumar
03-20-2012, 05:45 AM
You got your fact all wrong mate.
It was Hewitt who was very hesitant to change and has used the Super RD Tour 90 most of the time. However it seems he did have an episode with RQiS Tour-1 (though I think he went back to the SRDT90) but did switch to the RDiS and then to the Vcore.
Nalbandian did play with the RDiS, there are pics of his racquets here.

Oups, I guess I've mixed my memories up. But Krajicek did use the Super RD, I can remember that ;)
By the way I guess nalby has special specs on his extended racquet. Does anyone knows its weight and balance ? It seems to be a big batt in his hands lol (very long racquet), and I guess its SW is pretty big as he hits the ball very ferociously...

blackfrido
03-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Sorry about the quality of this pic....yesterday's practice @ Sony with RDiS 100 mp. He had only two of these while practicing and one Vcore sitting on the ground (never touched that one)
http://i41.tinypic.com/1zx8hna.jpg