PDA

View Full Version : Surface you have the most success on and why?

Rodzilla
06-18-2005, 05:47 PM
I have the most success on synthetic grass. I think the reason for this is that I basically began my "training" on this surface. My big game is also suited to synthetic grass.

Grimjack
06-18-2005, 06:24 PM
I have the most success on hard courts. This is because virtually every match I play is on hard courts.

GOOOOOGA
06-18-2005, 06:27 PM
clay is pretty cool. it's alot of fun to play on b/c you cant help but love long, hard-fought, scrappy matches. the ones where each player looks like he's a shot away from putting the point away and the tables turn in a split second. the best is when u play a topspin baseliner or a serve-and-volleyer.

baseliners hit away and its always fun to hit on-the-dead-run-winners. S&Vers are great to play becuz you feel great when u pass them or if you turn the tables on them and S&V yourself.

har-tru is sweet... then i played on red clay in germany. it was absolutely gorgeous.

diredesire
06-19-2005, 12:09 PM
clay is pretty cool. it's alot of fun to play on b/c you cant help but love long, hard-fought, scrappy matches. the ones where each player looks like he's a shot away from putting the point away and the tables turn in a split second. the best is when u play a topspin baseliner or a serve-and-volleyer.

baseliners hit away and its always fun to hit on-the-dead-run-winners. S&Vers are great to play becuz you feel great when u pass them or if you turn the tables on them and S&V yourself.

har-tru is sweet... then i played on red clay in germany. it was absolutely gorgeous.

I've only played on hard courts and green clay... it was gritty and dirty, though, i want to experience more of a variety of clays, and perhaps grass at some point.

The hard courts around here REALLY vary in roughness and bounce height. I played great on the limited clay experience i've had, as the ball sits right in my hitting zone, it was UNreal. I prefer a medium bouncing hard court, everyone plays well on them and all strokes have an equal amount of effectiveness. You can hit the high bouncing topspinners or get a decent amount of bite on the slices.

kevhen
06-20-2005, 06:10 AM
Slow outdoor hard courts under the lights. I prefer not playing in the heat and sun and grew up playing only outdoors in the wind and on slow hardcourts where I learned to play defense and keep the ball in play thanks to the slow surface and true bounces. I am also tall so I like higher bouncing balls that you find on a slower hard surface.

I also like courts that are dirty with leaves and pollen and dust so my slices slide and stay low and make it easier for me to approach net with.

tom-selleck
06-20-2005, 07:37 AM
faster and low bounce the better......... i don't think i have the patience or the fitness for success on clay......

i find all courts are relatively similar except for clay... if you've never played on clay, it is a completely different experience.... very hard to put someone away (need 3-4 good shots in a row, way beyond most intermediate players) and tons of bad bounces.

ffrpg
06-20-2005, 07:41 AM
I have the most success on hard courts because I haven't played on any other surface.

theace21
06-20-2005, 07:55 AM
All we have around here is hard courts.

danniflava
06-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Even though I play on it only once or twice a year, clay is the most successful surface for me. My singles record is 4-0, and my doubles record is 4-0. Even though that's only 8 matches I've played, I still love clay the most.

andreh
06-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Fast indoor carpet. I'm a serve and vollyer so the faster the better. Once in my life I would like to play on grass.

Rodzilla
07-23-2005, 05:15 AM
Slow outdoor hard courts under the lights. I prefer not playing in the heat and sun and grew up playing only outdoors in the wind and on slow hardcourts where I learned to play defense and keep the ball in play thanks to the slow surface and true bounces. I am also tall so I like higher bouncing balls that you find on a slower hard surface.

I also like courts that are dirty with leaves and pollen and dust so my slices slide and stay low and make it easier for me to approach net with.

I like those slow outdoor hard courts under the lights also. I hear all the raves about Rebound Ace being the medium of all tennis courts, and I bet that those slow hard courts are something like it.

I dislike those second courts you mentioned though, kevhen. I think the bounce of balls on those littered courts are different(not in a good way) from better maintained courts like the one you previously mentioned.