PDA

View Full Version : Signum Pro Fiber High Tec EXP

pvaudio
03-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Anybody have any experience with this string? I want a new multifilament to add to my stock that is incredibly comfortable, has no solid core (i.e. Mantis Power Syn) and isn't low powered (i.e. Mantis Comfort Syn). I've heard that this is a great string for that purpose then, and would then most likely be used in hybrid setups. Anyone have experience with this? It's pretty hard to find these days, so I'll probably go overseas. Thoughts?

BigT
03-10-2011, 09:01 AM
I am currently testing Pro's Pro multis. Could use some help...will let you know.

pvaudio
03-10-2011, 09:12 AM
What the hell does that have to do with this Signum Pro string?

A Defenseless Creature
03-10-2011, 09:42 AM
I believe that BigT is the new US distributor for Pros Pro. Followed link from his profile to learn this. It appears he has an interest in us talking about and promoting his strings.

BigT
03-10-2011, 10:34 AM
What the hell does that have to do with this Signum Pro string?

Anybody have any experience with this string? I want a new multifilament to add to my stock that is incredibly comfortable, has no solid core (i.e. Mantis Power Syn) and isn't low powered (i.e. Mantis Comfort Syn). I've heard that this is a great string for that purpose then, and would then most likely be used in hybrid setups. Anyone have experience with this? It's pretty hard to find these days, so I'll probably go overseas. Thoughts?

I believe that BigT is the new US distributor for Pros Pro. Followed link from his profile to learn this. It appears he has an interest in us talking about and promoting his strings.

I am always interested in trying new strings and helping my customers find the best set-up, especially at good prices.

bsardana
03-10-2011, 10:41 AM

Signum EXP is an awesome "multi". The only drawback is lack of tension maintenance (around 2+ hrs mark) and fraying. You have to be careful during stringing as it is sensitive and can nick. Other than that, it is a pleasure to hit with - decent power and awesome feel - very similar in feel to Laserfibre multis.

diredesire
03-10-2011, 11:05 AM

Signum EXP is an awesome "multi". The only drawback is lack of tension maintenance (around 2+ hrs mark) and fraying. You have to be careful during stringing as it is sensitive and can nick. Other than that, it is a pleasure to hit with - decent power and awesome feel - very similar in feel to Laserfibre multis.

I used it, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It broke relatively quickly, and I didn't see a lot of fraying, unlike bsardana. Lots of power, but also a great feel. Not dampened at all, but didn't vibrate or give any harsh feedback. Spin potential was above average, but not a selling point of the string, IMO. Feel was really special to me, but durability made me not want to buy a ton of this string. I wouldn't even use it as a cross string, I feel like the benefits wouldn't be as evident, I'd rather go something like a Forten Sweet unless you need the additional power. Multis tend to shred in the crosses if you pair it with something (especially) durable.

JackB1
03-10-2011, 11:45 AM
I have a pack that I haven't tried yet. From Signum Pro's description, it sounded like a more control oriented multi and that's why I bought it. I hope it's not too powerful.

pvaudio
03-12-2011, 10:35 AM
I used it, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It broke relatively quickly, and I didn't see a lot of fraying, unlike bsardana. Lots of power, but also a great feel. Not dampened at all, but didn't vibrate or give any harsh feedback. Spin potential was above average, but not a selling point of the string, IMO. Feel was really special to me, but durability made me not want to buy a ton of this string. I wouldn't even use it as a cross string, I feel like the benefits wouldn't be as evident, I'd rather go something like a Forten Sweet unless you need the additional power. Multis tend to shred in the crosses if you pair it with something (especially) durable.
Basically it's good, but it isn't worth the money?

Levente
03-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Basically it's good, but it isn't worth the money? Yes,. I've used it. It was nice, but is expensive.

JackB1
03-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Yes,. I've used it. It was nice, but is expensive.

10 bucks a pack is expensive?

diredesire
03-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Basically it's good, but it isn't worth the money?

I'd say it's worth the money, but if you break it really, really fast, and gut is more durable, not a huge benefit (especially if you hybrid!). I'd love it in an 18x20, but I was playing with a 100si 16x18 (very, very open), so i broke it in ~2.5 hours.

niketennispro
03-12-2011, 01:43 PM
I am currently testing Pro's Pro multis. Could use some help...will let you know.

^^ hey BigT id love to know how your results went for pro's pro multi's, maybe you should start a thread on it! :D

but back to the Signum EXP, where have you all been getting it from? sounds interesting :shock:

Levente
03-16-2011, 12:48 PM
10 bucks a pack is expensive?

Now I'm using Signum-Pro Power SF. The feeling is almost the same the price is one third. In this aspect the SPFHT is expensive.