PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon savage and adrenaline.

Tennis100
03-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if luxilon savage and luxilon adrenaline rough play the same? they seem incredibly similar by just reading but any opinions would he extremely helpful.

niketennispro
03-12-2011, 03:33 PM
hello Tennis100, i have used both actually so hopefully my insight will be helpful. Savage is a good string overall for pop, a little more power, and has decent spin. Adrenaline rough plays with good pop, not as much as savage though, and shines more in control and spin. So i would recommend adrenaline rough for more spin and control, and savage for more power and pop

taylorhorton4
03-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Niketennispro and others, I'm playing with Savage now and really enjoy the string so far. Next i was going to put in some BHBR, just wondering if you guys know whether its similar to savage or not and also is Lux Big Banger rough similar to it and I play with a full bed of savage and like it best so would you say that would apply to BHBR and Lux BBR as well? Thanks

abeldm
03-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Savage does seem to have more pop... I normally use Lux Big Banger, but decided to try the savage. It seems to be a nice string with very descent spin and control

MarcDunn1989
03-22-2011, 06:00 AM
honestly i thought that savage had quite a dead feel to it and wasnt really impressed with it, but overall i thought that adrenaline rough was a great string, it had pop but also had a semi soft feel with made it easier to play those touch shots when you really needed them, which i could not do with savage.

stevenno123
04-27-2011, 07:29 PM
I use the savage black, and it's pretty good. I string it on my 6.1 95 18x20 at 60. On my backup I did 62. The high tension allows you to swing much faster, giving you more spin. No string is going to magically create spin, so it's the matter of how you hit it. Control is great too because of the high tension. The only downside is that the racquet itself is so heavy that with the high tension it kinda tires my arm, so I guess I just need stronger arms

JasonPlaysTennis
08-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Adrenaline Rough at 34lbs is perhaps the greatest playing string of all time...