PDA

View Full Version : barb wire

nvottennis
03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Anyone else try it recently? I used to love it but after trying it again after a 4 month hiatus of playtesting, it feels completely different. 1. no longer crazy spin. 2. its seems to maintain tension much better, similar to sppp or tornado more likely. 3. the ridges dont wear down as fast

scotus
03-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Are you talking about a fresh string job, or a 4-month old string job?

jkang909
03-13-2011, 08:25 PM
its ok but its hard to get it deep because it lacks power and there is too much spin... also you need to string it at a lower tension maybe -2 to -4

Tennis_Crazed
03-14-2011, 01:15 AM
Anyone else try it recently? I used to love it but after trying it again after a 4 month hiatus of playtesting, it feels completely different. 1. no longer crazy spin. 2. its seems to maintain tension much better, similar to sppp or tornado more likely. 3. the ridges dont wear down as fast

I started stringing a lot more of it the last 2 months and i haven't noticed changes at least in that short period. Lots of spin and tension maintanence is actually very good. I've found that a tour bite main and barb wire cross is being well received these days - although for those that can afford it, a gut/bw hybrid is very interesting.

dodgers
03-15-2011, 07:04 PM
We have been using Barb Wire in the mains and Pro Stacked in the crosses with good results for the last 5 months. Had no issues with tension or anything changing.
I like the idea of the Tour Bite mains and Barb Wire crosses. We will try that one out with the next restring.

StanW
03-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Barbwire only acts that way because it is bipolar. :p

Don't Let It Bounce
03-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Barbwire only acts that way because it is bipolar. :pIt's bi-spinning...

[Yeah, I know, but sometime you gotta go after the low-hanging fruit...]

nvottennis
03-15-2011, 08:27 PM
It's a fresh job with two strings purchased with a 4-5 month period in between. I thought spin decreased, which was a big let down