PDA

View Full Version : Volkl C10 pro V. Volkl Tour 10 Mid Plus

Richard
04-23-2004, 04:32 AM
I'm looking at demoing both of these racquets and wondered if anyone had hit with them and could give me any feedback - positive and negative.

I am an all court player at club level, though not competing that often.

Thanks in advance.

Koz
04-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Not trying to be a jerk, but this topic is covered about twice a week :P. Do a search and you should find lots of info. In general, both racquets are very similar. Like one, and you'll like the other. The slightly different feel/balance contribute to the slight differences...which you'll find out about if you search ;-)

Baseline
04-24-2004, 08:05 AM
Richard,
I've played with both of these racquets, although it's been several months since playing with the C-10 Pro's. I currently play with the Tour 10 MP. In my opinion, they both have a very firm, but yet NOT boardy feel at all. If you've ever hit with a Volkl player's frame, I think that you'll know what I mean, To me, the Head and Volkl player's racquets have a very soft but solid feel unlike a lot of the "stiffer" and more boardy feel of a lot of other player's racquets. The C-10 swings a slight bit heavier than the Tour 10 MP, and to me, the power levels are very similar. I think that they both have very nice "pop" for a player's racquet without sacrificing control. The main reason that I SLIGHTLY prefer the Tour 10 MP over the C-10 is that the upper hoop is not quite as flexible with the Tour 10. I hit a 2-hand backhand, so I like a slightly firmer upper hoop. Both of these racquets have such a "sweet" feel, that is unique among most player's racquets. If you like a much stiffer feel (HPS 6.1 or HPS 5.0), it will take some time to warm up to the Volkls. Hope this helps and good luck.

Richard
04-24-2004, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

The racquets should arrive on Monday and I'm looking forward to hitting with them both. Hopefully this will end the quest for "THE" racquet!!!!!!!