akj27
06-19-2005, 07:54 PM
are you here?

i meant bungalo lol

Kana Himezaki
06-19-2005, 07:56 PM
...huh?

What's the point of asking if someone is here? XD

Go to the main forum list. Look at the bottom, where it lists the member names. You can see who's online there. Click the name, and in the upper right you can see what they're viewing on the forums at the moment. ^^

Bungalo Bill
06-19-2005, 07:57 PM
are you here?

i meant bungalo lol

Bufalo, Buffalo, Bungalo, or Bungalow, I am here. What's up?

akj27
06-19-2005, 07:58 PM
i didnt know how else to contact you lol, sorry, I'll lock this one he answers me

whats the best string for a lvl 3.0? i want something relatively cheap. Im ordering a racquet for my brother now and i need to know lol

Bungalo Bill
06-19-2005, 08:01 PM
...huh?

What's the point of asking if someone is here? XD

Go to the main forum list. Look at the bottom, where it lists the member names. You can see who's online there. Click the name, and in the upper right you can see what they're viewing on the forums at the moment. ^^

Sometimes you can see the people here unless they choose to be invisible in their profile setting. :)

TwistServe
06-19-2005, 08:03 PM
i didnt know how else to contact you lol, sorry, I'll lock this one he answers me

whats the best string for a lvl 3.0? i want something relatively cheap. Im ordering a racquet for my brother now and i need to know lol

Ask Gaines Hillix for string advise, and ask it in the strings board.

akj27
06-19-2005, 08:04 PM
i made a post there, but i need to know now, im ordering the racquet now

So I take it b bill doesnt know

Bungalo Bill
06-19-2005, 08:06 PM

Really any less expensive synthetic is fine. Try using a 16 gauge string. I have always liked Forten's Synthetic and used to play with Princes Synthetic. For a softer string Wilson Sensation is always a good bet. It is a bit more expensive but at a 3.0 level, I cant really see your brother breaking strings a lot. At least not yet.

http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/ProductImages/F16.JPG http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/ProductImages/OS16.JPG

I hope that helps and your game is going well.

Kana Himezaki
06-19-2005, 08:06 PM
There is no specific string for a 3.0 player.

Does your brother want power? Spin? Just feel? Or does he want it stiff?

It's all what he wants and his preference, there is no definitive string. That's something nobody can answer until you give more specifications. ^^

akj27
06-19-2005, 08:09 PM
this looks good?

TENSION:58 STRING:Wilson Sensation 16 Natural

PS: well, hes a 3.0, i dont really think it matters kana, but i guess, he wants more controll and spin, since he lacks in that department

hmm, i just read reviews on those strings, and most of them last for like 2 weeks, i want something durable

nViATi
06-19-2005, 08:32 PM
this looks good?

TENSION:58 STRING:Wilson Sensation 16 Natural

PS: well, hes a 3.0, i dont really think it matters kana, but i guess, he wants more controll and spin, since he lacks in that department

hmm, i just read reviews on those strings, and most of them last for like 2 weeks, i want something durable
well.. i don't think your 3.0 brother is anywhere near the level of those guys who break them in 2 weeks.
i hope that didn't come off as offending. i'm nowhere near their levels either lol

TwistServe
06-19-2005, 08:57 PM
My only question is.. Is it really your brother that needs the string, or you?

akj27
06-19-2005, 09:35 PM
hmm my brother, i already have a liquidmetal prestige, i can take a pic for you if you want lol

Exile
06-19-2005, 09:59 PM
What was the name of that old Beatles song?

The continuing story of Bungalo Bill.

You a Beatles fan BB?

Kaptain Karl
06-19-2005, 10:09 PM
This is one of the strangest threads in a while...

Now, what IS that guy's Screen Name...?
... Banshee Bill
... Bugler Bill
... Buffalo Bob
... Buttercup Bill

I give up!!!

- KK

TwistServe
06-19-2005, 10:12 PM
hmm my brother, i already have a liquidmetal prestige, i can take a pic for you if you want lol

No I prefer you take a picture of your brother, with him holding a sign saying "Akj27's brother".. That will give me satisfaction that your brother does exist!

Kana Himezaki
06-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Does it really matter if it's him or his brother...? He's stated he's a 3.5, it's not like he'd gain anything from getting strings for his brother and "admitting" he's a 3.0.

Capt. Willie
06-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Buffalo Bills - Super Bowl XL Champions!!! You heard it here first.

TwistServe
06-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Does it really matter if it's him or his brother...? He's stated he's a 3.5, it's not like he'd gain anything from getting strings for his brother and "admitting" he's a 3.0.

I think they need to teach humor more in highschool.

TwistServe
06-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Buffalo Bills - Super Bowl XL Champions!!! You heard it here first.

Theres a new user in TTW by the name of Buffalo Bill. I'm not sure if this is a spoof of BB or if this is BB's alternate account.

Kana Himezaki
06-19-2005, 10:23 PM
I don't get humor over the internet. :P Like I don't get sarcasm over the internet either, unless it's really, really obvious.

And even then, I might not get it. x.X

hyperwarrior
06-19-2005, 10:26 PM
It's cool to have Buffalo Bill on TW, he's like an uncle or a grandpa of tennis for the youths here

Exile
06-19-2005, 10:28 PM
<sarcasm>Kana, I'll start using the sarcasm tags just for you, hopefullly everyone will want to help out too.</sarcasm>

Bungalo Bill
06-20-2005, 07:01 AM
What was the name of that old Beatles song?

The continuing story of Bungalo Bill.

You a Beatles fan BB?

Yes, I am a Beatles fan but they are not my favorite. I like many bands but my top 10 would be (in order):

1. Van Halen

2. Led Zepplin

3. Steve Miller Band

4. ZZ Top

5. The Police

6. Jethro Tull

7. Lynard Skynard

8. Kansas

9. Journey

10. Steely Dan

Dedans Penthouse
06-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Yes, I am a Beatles fan but they are not my favorite. I like many bands but my top 10 would be (in order):

1. Van Halen
2. Led Zepplin
3. Steve Miller Band
4. ZZ Top
5. The Police
6. Jethro Tull
7. Lynard Skynard

8. Kansas

9. Journey

Kansas and Journey

I knew it!! I just KNEW IT~!!! Didn't you forget REO Speedwagon? Or maybe, Supertramp?

Bungalo Bill
06-20-2005, 07:23 AM
Kansas and Journey

I knew it!! I just KNEW IT~!!! Didn't you forget REO Speedwagon? Or maybe, Supertramp?

Oh yeah, they were excellent bands. I liked REO a lot. I think the Cars, Queen, Cheap Trick, Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, Boston, Crosby-Stills-Nash-Young, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, Chicago, Aerosmith, and Tom Petty have to be in there as well.

Some of the softer rock bands I liked were: America, Seals and Croft, Cat Stevens, Dan Fogolberg, James Taylor, geeez the list goes on....

And we cant forget the song: ...and they were singing...bye, bye, Miss American Pie, drove my chevy to the levy....

Oh well, I am dating myself.

Bungalo Bill
06-20-2005, 07:30 AM
Theres a new user in TTW by the name of Buffalo Bill. I'm not sure if this is a spoof of BB or if this is BB's alternate account.

I have no alternate account. I used to go by the name Bungalow Bill in the old TW forum.

I, (BB) solemly swear that I do not use, possess, or am affiliated with any other nickname other than Bungalow Bill (old forum) or Bungalo Bill (new forum).

Any other name that indicates, points to, represents, or uses my nickname in any fashion other then the two names above is not me. :)

Rabbit
06-20-2005, 07:33 AM
What about Air Supply?

Bungalo Bill
06-20-2005, 07:40 AM
What about Air Supply?

Well I grew up in San Clemente, California in the 70's. So Air Supply was not a well known band around there. Later I moved to the North Shore of Hawaii after getting totally burned out on tennis.

I then pursued the other sport I loved which was surfing. On occasion, I would go out to the (then called) Turtle Bay Hilton and play doubles with the Aussies that came into town during the surfing season.

My roommate from Texas played excellent tennis and when the waves weren't any good and the aussies were willing, we went and played some ball.

I do know Air Supply was a popular band but never really listened to them.

akj27
06-20-2005, 07:47 AM
so yeah, tennis lol

Dedans Penthouse
06-20-2005, 08:09 AM
What about Air Supply?
Rabbit's "Baker's Dozen" Favorite Artists/Bands (and songs):

1. Styx ("Come Sail Away" "Babe"
2. White Plains ("My Baby Loves Lovin'")
3. Larry Hall & the Queens of Soul ("My Bottom Hurts!")
4. Jon Bon Guido & Ritchie Sanguido ("You Give Rock a Bad Name")
5. Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods [i]("Billy Don't Be a Hero")
6. Paper Lace ("The Night Chicago Died")
7. Madonna ("Gonna Dress You Up With My Love")
8. Three Dog Night ("Just An Old Fashioned Love Song")
9. Gino Vannelli ("I Just Wanna Stop")
10. Starland Vocal Band ("Afternoon Delight")
11. The Captain & Tennille ("Muskrat Love")
12. Silver Connection ("Fly Robin Fly")
13. Barry Manilow ("Copacabana")

Kaptain Karl
06-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Kana - You keep using "codes" in your posts which I don't "get". (Since this thread is already weird) I'll ask here. What's "<3" and x.X ... and I can't remember the others right now?

- KK

Exile
06-20-2005, 09:52 AM
<3 is a heart x.X.... well.... just pretend the x's are eyes and the . is a nose.

Kaptain Karl
06-20-2005, 10:42 AM
That's a dumb heart. (I couldn't imagine Kana putting "boobs and a witch's hat" on her posts, but that's what it always looks like to me.)

Thanks for the education....

- KK

Superior_Forehand
06-20-2005, 01:50 PM

1. Van Halen

2. Led Zepplin

3. Steve Miller Band

4. ZZ Top

5. The Police

6. Jethro Tull

7. Lynard Skynard

8. Kansas

9. Journey

10. Steely Dan

Hahah, I know what era you grew up in lol :)

kevhen
06-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Cars and Belinda Carlisle fan here. David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar's Van Halen? I prefer the crazed antics of Diamond Dave. Chicago not in top 20?

Bungalo Bill
06-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Cars and Belinda Carlisle fan here. David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar's Van Halen? I prefer the crazed antics of Diamond Dave. Chicago not in top 20?

Chicago is a definite favorite since my other "hobby" is playing music. My list of favorite bands and songs is so long, it would be near impossible for me to list all the bands I like.

I used to like Grand Funk Railroad, Allen Parsons Project, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Bread, Doobie Brothers, Credence Clear Water Revival, Grateful Dead, Rare Earth, Steppen Wolf, and so on.

My favorite Canadian band was April Wine.

I only liked a couple songs from the Sammy Hagar's version of Van Halen. The Van Halen I listen to is the David Lee Roth version. No question one of the best show men of rock and roll. I thought he fit the band both in voice and showmanship perfectly.

Some favorite singles were:

1. Brandy (You're a Fine Girl): Looking Glass

2. Green Eyed Lady: Sugar Loaf

3. Insence and Peppermints: Strawberry Alarm Clock

4. Radar Love: Golden Earring

5. And on and on and on...

ShooterMcMarco
06-20-2005, 03:54 PM
it's all about extreme and loggins & messina