PDA

View Full Version : Nrg2 18

dkt
03-14-2011, 07:27 PM
I've been using this string for awhile and am very happy with all aspects of it's playability, spin, power, and touch. My only disappointment is it's a little expensive for no longer than it last's. Any recommendations for a less expensive alternative or longer lasting alternative, in a thin gauge?

parasailing
03-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Though it's not NRG2, you might consider Alpha Gut 18 which is around $6 and is a decent string for the price. Durability is not it's strong suite lasting about 5 hours for me but NRG2 lasts about 10 so if price is an issue, you might want to give that string a shot.

mikeler
03-15-2011, 05:13 AM
What about trying NRG2 17?

royfrombigd
03-15-2011, 12:06 PM
I've been using this string for awhile and am very happy with all aspects of it's playability, spin, power, and touch. My only disappointment is it's a little expensive for no longer than it last's. Any recommendations for a less expensive alternative or longer lasting alternative, in a thin gauge?

I use this exact same string and I honestly think it's worth every single cent. To me, it's cheap as I used to string full gut. Hope that helps.

Tennis_Crazed
03-16-2011, 01:06 AM
What about trying NRG2 17?

Exactly... 18g multis generally break WAY to fast. I never go thinner than 17g and NRG has great playability the few times i experimented with it.

For some reason i like the nxt...i know its not cheap, but give the 17g version of that a shot

dkt
03-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Can someone who has played both the NRG2 17g and 18g describe the difference in feel. The aspect of the 18g I find most appealing is the feel/touch. I actually prefer it to gut.

Tennis_Crazed
03-17-2011, 01:44 AM
Can someone who has played both the NRG2 17g and 18g describe the difference in feel. The aspect of the 18g I find most appealing is the feel/touch. I actually prefer it to gut.

Can't comment specifically on this string, but I personally never find a HUGE difference in playability/feel. you give up a bit for sure, but you gain in durability and thats the trade-off and life. If stringing and money isn't an issue stick with 18, otherwise you must compromise a bit