PDA

View Full Version : New Vapour 8 colour variant coming up?

Bobby Jr
03-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Did anyone notice Federer's shoes from the Indian Wells promo video?

New colour variant of the Vapour 8 I haven't seen in any of the catalogues. These are Fed customs, not just 'show' shoes (you can tell by the shape of the outsole at the front and the fit-frame at the back).

http://i54.tinypic.com/2yv5w8k.jpg

AM95
03-15-2011, 05:35 PM
holy CRAP his legs are freaking ripped.

no h0mo.

anhuynh16
03-15-2011, 06:41 PM
i think that is part of the FALL NIKE 2011 stuff. someone posted a pic of that shoe b4

zasr4325
03-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Did anyone notice Federer's shoes from the Indian Wells promo video?

New colour variant of the Vapour 8 I haven't seen in any of the catalogues. These are Fed customs, not just 'show' shoes (you can tell by the shape of the outsole at the front and the fit-frame at the back).

As you rightly said, they're clearly fed customs, but I think they are his WTF shoes. Clay season is red and silveryish, and there's also the grey and White ones that JoelDali just got. They could actually be the US open ones, as I'm pretty sure his outfits are grey/red for that. Lemme have a gander at the catalogues I've seen, and I'll edit the post once I find something

EDIT: Found them; they're in the Fall '11, so I assume they're for the WTF or US open. Based on the fact that this is a photo shoot (?), it might be a promo for the WTF?
http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz12/zrigler/Screenshot2011-03-16at073610.png

Barfy
03-15-2011, 07:41 PM
why can't nike just release everything to the public. You can by the same basketball shoes LeBron has but I can't even get the same colorway 2k10's as freaking Berdych. wahhh

anhuynh16
03-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Isnt,it unfair that u can buy the exact same shoe that kobe bryant wears but u cant wear the same shoe as berdy, or,Fed

zasr4325
03-15-2011, 08:19 PM
why can't nike just release everything to the public. You can by the same basketball shoes LeBron has but I can't even get the same colorway 2k10's as freaking Berdych. wahhh

Isnt,it unfair that u can buy the exact same shoe that kobe bryant wears but u cant wear the same shoe as berdy, or,Fed

Is it really that big of an issue? The pro players should get some advantage over the regular Joe, and if they want custom shoes, they should be able to get them. These top guys are promoting the company by wearing their gear, so shouldn't they get some nice PEs? Plus, pro shoes will most likely have completely different materials and outsoles used, as they need to have minimal break in periods, and maximum comfort. Durability isn't an issue for these guys as the shoes can be replaced easily, unlike retail stuff which needs to last for as long as possible, whilst also being relatively cost-effective in production. And even if they were the same shoes, they would most likely be custom fitted to the player to ensure he didn't feel uncomfortable. Take football (soccer) boots - I saw a Nike manufacturing video once, where it showed all the moulds they had taken of the players feet, which then meant they custom made the boots to fit the players feet. Same thing would happen in tennis, and with basically all of the players also using orthotics in their shoes for added support, the shoes need to compensate for those too.
Although, I have to say it doesn't seem like it would be a stretch to just allow consumers to use NikeId for tennis shoes. Then at least we'd be able to pick our own colours.