PDA

View Full Version : Spin string help - reccomendations?

jgtthd
03-15-2011, 10:18 PM
hi all!
i have been playing with alu power rough now for a while and love the string, great power and great spin BUT the string dies WAY too fast. i play 5 times a week for 2-3 hour per session and cut the strings out after 4-5 hours. they are great fresh and horrible when used...

what can anyone recomend to replace them?
criteria:

good power
spin enhancement
would like to start using a black string (i know it's cliche but i do like the look)
string that plays well for more than 3 hours!! :)i have tried RPM blast and wasn't overly impressed; also tried blackcode and again wasn't overly impressed.

let me know what you think - please!!

Irakli
03-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Maybe Signum Pro Tornado?

It's black, shaped, with decent power and excellent tension stability (by far the best for a poly from those I've tried). It should last at least 7-8 hours.

Best of luck,
Irakli

EdVin70
03-16-2011, 07:33 AM
hi all!
i have been playing with alu power rough now for a while and love the string, great power and great spin BUT the string dies WAY too fast. i play 5 times a week for 2-3 hour per session and cut the strings out after 4-5 hours. they are great fresh and horrible when used...

what can anyone recomend to replace them?
criteria:

good power
spin enhancement
would like to start using a black string (i know it's cliche but i do like the look)
string that plays well for more than 3 hours!! :)i have tried RPM blast and wasn't overly impressed; also tried blackcode and again wasn't overly impressed.

let me know what you think - please!!

Try the new Genesis twisted razor (sold at the depot of tennis)

Carolina Racquet
03-16-2011, 07:45 AM
I would suggest putting Volkl Cyclone on your test list. Meets the criteria listed in the initial post.

wderyckx
03-16-2011, 08:52 AM
I really like the Snake Bite from Golden Set - - tough, very grabby, and good looking in black (or red). I generally string it up for the mains and then use a synth gut one size bigger for the crosses a few pounds tighter so as to lift the Snake Bite up on the string bed to grab the ball. It's working pretty well for me.

bfactor61
03-16-2011, 02:40 PM
maybe try barb wire??

greystar403
03-16-2011, 08:19 PM
have you tried the new luxilon savage?

dodgers
03-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Well I have to say it, The #1 spin string since 1993 "Solinco Tour Bite".

wolfinsignia
03-17-2011, 01:13 AM
out of all the string i have tried lux holds out the best for me. what you can do is hybrid it with softer string and they should last a little longer. for someone to cut out lux after only 5 hours you must've been whacking the ball pretty hard. i've been hearing alot of good things about genesis, so maybe give that a try, i've been hearing about the triple blade more than any of their other things so thats an option.

Tennis_Crazed
03-17-2011, 01:41 AM
Solinco Barb Wire

genius24
03-17-2011, 06:13 PM
tour bite or rpm blast

jgtthd
03-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Try the new Genesis twisted razor (sold at the depot of tennis)

i have looked everywhere - can you get genesis strings in europe?

Gregnoris
03-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Kirschbaum Spiky Shark :)