PDA

View Full Version : Kirschbaum Pro Line (2) or Signum Pro Poly Plasma?

VamosRafa650
03-16-2011, 06:15 AM
I've been using Poly Plasma for quite a while and I really like the string, but I heard from a lot of people that Kirschbaum Pro Line 2 is EVEN better. Is this really true? If so, what are the +'s and -'s of Kirschbaum? I've kind of been experimenting with all sorts of strings, so I was just looking for some friendly advice! Thanks, :)

origmarm
03-16-2011, 06:26 AM
It's all personal preference and like you say I've had some guys that love Kirsch and some that don't. Overall I'm more a fan of the SPPP. I would say:

- Power - About even
- Tension maintenance - SPPP
- Durability - About even, marginal edge to SPPP but can break on misshits more
- Control - SPPP. For me the Kirsch flexed more on the harder hits
- Feel - About even with a marginal edge to Kirsch. The SPPP responded better on the harder hits, the Kirsch on the softer. Kirsch better on the volley. SPPP better on the serve

Other than that I like red better than orange :)

Hope it helps, watch everyone disagree now as it's very subjective

Orig

VamosRafa650
03-16-2011, 08:07 AM
It's all personal preference and like you say I've had some guys that love Kirsch and some that don't. Overall I'm more a fan of the SPPP. I would say:

- Power - About even
- Tension maintenance - SPPP
- Durability - About even, marginal edge to SPPP but can break on misshits more
- Control - SPPP. For me the Kirsch flexed more on the harder hits
- Feel - About even with a marginal edge to Kirsch. The SPPP responded better on the harder hits, the Kirsch on the softer. Kirsch better on the volley. SPPP better on the serve

Other than that I like red better than orange :)

Hope it helps, watch everyone disagree now as it's very subjective

Orig
Thanks Orig! I think I'll give Kirschbaum a try, and order some. I will post a review and my thoughts on the string once I hit with it a bit.

bfactor61
03-16-2011, 01:13 PM
i feel like pl2 does everything well for a poly

hoodjem
03-16-2011, 06:06 PM
I've tried both, and I found the PL2 to have a lot of feel for a poly, plus the 18g offered lots of spin and pretty good power (for a poly).

IMO, the SPPP was rather dull, slick, and plasticky feeling. It did nothing well, as far as I could tell. (It might have had good durability, but I wouldn't know as I cut it out cause I couldn't stand it.)

dadozen
03-17-2011, 03:55 AM
For me, PLII has a better feel and is more powerful.

SPPP has better tension stability, better control and better durability.

Depends on what's more important for oyu.

VamosRafa650
03-17-2011, 10:06 AM
I've tried both, and I found the PL2 to have a lot of feel for a poly, plus the 18g offered lots of spin and pretty good power (for a poly).

IMO, the SPPP was rather dull, slick, and plasticky feeling. It did nothing well, as far as I could tell. (It might have had good durability, but I wouldn't know as I cut it out cause I couldn't stand it.)

How does PL2 compare to luxilon or rpm blast? Lol, at one point I wanted to try a luxilon in mains/rpm in crosses combo. Would that be a good idea as well?

Tmano
03-17-2011, 12:54 PM
tried bought and if you are looking for some more power esxpecially when serving go with Kpro 2; otherwise, SPPP is way better in every department other than serve.

rodrigoamaral
03-17-2011, 04:20 PM
tried both and if you are seeking a low-powered control oriented poly with excellent tension stability, go with poly plasma, other wise go with the PL2

user92626
03-17-2011, 04:29 PM
How does PL2 compare to luxilon or rpm blast? Lol, at one point I wanted to try a luxilon in mains/rpm in crosses combo. Would that be a good idea as well?

Coincidentally I just have an exact comparison between luxilon and pl2 -- on the same apdc and tension. Both of them give plenty of power, feel soft absolutely no irritation on arm and shoulder. However luxilon feels a bit slippery and gives out weird impact noise. PL2 "sticks" or bites the ball a tad better and makes better impact noise!!

My luxilon broke after 3 months. I dunno how long my pl2 will last

luishcorreia
03-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Just played today with the Pro Line II (Vantage frame 100 sqin), and just found the string very stiff.

Thats strange because I see everybody saying its such a soft co-poly.

Already used the SPPP and found it to be excelent!

OldButGame
03-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Just played today with the Pro Line II (Vantage frame 100 sqin), and just found the string very stiff.

Thats strange because I see everybody saying its such a soft co-poly.

Already used the SPPP and found it to be excelent!
What tension did You have the Proline at??...

bfactor61
03-19-2011, 03:55 PM
it depends what gauge of pl2 you are using. i have the 17L and hate it. But i love the 17. i think i needed to string the 17L much higher

VamosRafa650
03-24-2011, 03:50 PM

Hmmm.. that's pretty interesting. I sort of fell the same way about Poly Plasma, it kind of lacks feel and power. I'll DEFINITELY try Kirsch one of these days.

hoodjem
03-24-2011, 04:37 PM
How does PL2 compare to luxilon or rpm blast? Lol, at one point I wanted to try a luxilon in mains/rpm in crosses combo. Would that be a good idea as well?The only Lux I've tried is BBA 1.12, which was excellent IMO, for about 6 hours. For a time it had good, crisp feel.

The Kirsch was pretty close, and remained with that slightly softer feel for a lot longer. IMO, SPPP was not even in the same ball-park.