PDA

View Full Version : Are Lacoste shoes so bad...

thanu
03-16-2011, 03:45 PM
.... that none of their sponsored pros will wear them? It's kind of sad that they make tennis shoes yet all their sponsored players chose to pay for other shoes (I know some people like Roddick have a shoe deal with Babolat, but I doubt Nike is paying Clement, Raonic, Llorda, etc). I mean with the exception of Gaudio on the men's side (and a few from the WTA) that is.

hcb0804
03-16-2011, 04:25 PM
.... that none of their sponsored pros will wear them? It's kind of sad that they make tennis shoes yet all their sponsored players chose to pay for other shoes (I know some people like Roddick have a shoe deal with Babolat, but I doubt Nike is paying Clement, Raonic, Llorda, etc). I mean with the exception of Gaudio on the men's side (and a few from the WTA) that is.

Yes they are horrible, they have 0 cushioning, like there is just the rubber outsole between your foot and the court.

lgbalfa
03-16-2011, 05:33 PM
i have seen llodra wear lacoste shoes on the past at the us open.

hcb0804
03-16-2011, 05:45 PM
i have seen llodra wear lacoste shoes on the past at the us open.

But he doesn't anymore, he wears Nike shoes, because the lacoste were crap.

lacoster
03-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Even though I love the brand (see my member name), I personally hate playing with them. When they first started selling them, most of the Lacoste pros wore them for marketing purposes...until they found out the durability, cushioning, and stability were crap. I can't name a single Lacoste pro (ATP or WTA) that still wears them on tour.

miraq
03-17-2011, 06:55 AM
Gisela Dulko?

slice bh compliment
03-17-2011, 07:13 AM
They are stylish and expensive. There is a long line to get them.

The new Jack Purcell Evo is the same.

I say, let's leave the cobbing to the cobblers. Babolat is the one exception. A string company that is making great sticks and now the best shoes.

Lacoste? Cotton polos.