PDA

View Full Version : Big Banger Ace?

greystar403
03-16-2011, 08:23 PM
my friends recommended these strings because it would help with my tennis elbow...

is this true?

i get the fact that a thinner guage would give you more feel, but is it arm friendly?

rudester
03-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Currently my string of choice, there are softer strings that are thinner gauge and very good such as big ace micro, but i can say this, i have played with luxilon big banger alu rough and alu power and both have caused shoulder issues, I string my Vantage 95 at 56lbs or lower and no problem with the shoulder, very nice string if not strung too tight.

kiteboard
03-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Some claim arm issues with it, but it's softer than other lux. strings. Good feel, high spin rate.

Don't Let It Bounce
03-17-2011, 12:45 PM
TWU rates it at 203 lb/in at 51 lb and a fast swing impact. That isn't soft except when compared to other Lux strings. Given that you have already injured your arm, it is unlikely to be a good choice for you, for now.

JT_2eighty
03-17-2011, 01:04 PM
If you have actual TE, no poly is a good recommendation

Multi or gut is the only answer. Not to mention rest and proper rehabilitation

genius24
03-17-2011, 06:15 PM
If you have actual TE, no poly is a good recommendation

Multi or gut is the only answer. Not to mention rest and proper rehabilitation

yeah, i would try to stay away from polys as well if you have tennis elbow or other serious arm issues. another option would be to hybrid it with something softer such as a multi