PDA

View Full Version : Stringing recommendations for LM Radical M+

prgault
03-17-2011, 05:19 AM
Just bought three of these and am pleased so far but I would like to replace the stock string (Head syngut @57lbs) and lower the tension to add some power. I hit primarily topspin forehands and dsice backhands and my one and only serve is a spin/slice.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

P_

OldButGame
03-17-2011, 05:08 PM
..Strung mine with full bed of SilverString,...17G,....48lbs,.....came together beautifully. Gonna get it restrung soon exactly the same. :)

prgault
03-18-2011, 04:25 AM
thanks for the reply, i was beginning to feel shunned....Yhis may seem obvious but do you have any control issues with that tension (I am a 3.5) and while I need more power I am worried about control.

P_

dallastxtennis
03-18-2011, 08:58 AM
thanks for the reply, i was beginning to feel shunned....Yhis may seem obvious but do you have any control issues with that tension (I am a 3.5) and while I need more power I am worried about control.

P_

Here is my setup put some lead on 12, 3 & 9, put on TW leather grip, strung with Pro Supex Synthetic Gut Titan 17 @ 58/60 work well for me.

azn_lefty_roddick_jr
03-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Gamma Stinger 16/17, at mid to upper-50s.

It may be hard to believe such an ancient string is a good fit for the racquet, but my friend who's a diehard Radical player loves this setup! He tried it as a recommendation from another player he bought the racquet from, at 57-58 (can't remember off the top of my head), and he loved it, especially for the same strokes as you, with his forehand and slice backhand, as well as his serves.

Try it, you may like the results. Too bad they don't sell Stingers on TW...

GPB
03-18-2011, 10:20 AM
natural gut.

you'll love it, and with the closed string pattern it won't break as quickly as it would on some other rackets.

prgault
03-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks for that, I was really considering gut after some research, I think I will order a couple of sets. Right now my rackets are at 57# with some stock head syngut. I think I need a little more power, what tension would you recommend? I'm thinking 50 or so...

Any brand preferences?

P_

jasonh
03-18-2011, 10:59 AM
I leaded up at 3 and 9. Used to play mostly synthetic gut around 60 lbs, but more recently stringing Gosen Polylon 17g on mains and Goson OGSM 16g on crosses with 52/56. I tried a full poly for a little but it was too much for my wrist. Having the poly on at least the mains really helps me generate some spin that the 18x20 wasn't allowing.

alidisperanza
03-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Stinger is a really picky string, very love/hate. Personally, I'm not a fan.

Full bed of thing gauge poly plays fantastically in the Rad. So does poly/gut and so does gut/poly. Its a very adaptive frame and not particularly picky with strings.

For the most control, I would go with a full bed of thin poly. Otherwise, I would try poly/gut or poly/syngut. Poly/gut will give you a bit more feel and a bit more power on your strokes than a full set of poly. Poly/syngut is a happy medium.