PDA

View Full Version : Six-pack

danniflava
06-20-2005, 10:37 AM
For the people who work out, I was wondering what you did to get those six-pack abs...How long did it take? What did you eat? How much did you work out? What was your work-out routine like?? ETC...

Exile
06-20-2005, 10:40 AM
This sounds like something to keep you HEALTHy and FIT

Grimjack
06-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Eat lean (low-carb if you're still young-ish, practically zero-carb if you're a little older), and do cardio like mad. A six pack is a body-fat issue, not a muscular one. Ab crunches and such may make a visible sixpack pop out a touch more, but it's shedding the body fat that gets you there in the first place.

That said, good, strong ab muscles developed through ab excercise are BETTER than a visible sixpack. It's just that the two do not necessarily go hand in hand. If you have to choose one or the other, go with the latter.

DVanTongeren
06-20-2005, 11:36 AM
uhh came naturally to me...

Rickson
06-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Low carb has nothing to do with it. Your abdominal muscles can't show unless your bodyfat is low enough to expose them so if you have a thick layer of fat, you won't see a 2 pack, let alone a 6 pack. Diet is the key to getting your abs out. Expend more calories than you take in, strip that bodyfat, then show off those abs you've been hiding so well under that fat.

tennis-n-sc
06-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Rickson, I believe that is what Grimjack was saying. It is diet which gets rid of the fat covering the ab group. Low carb is the quickest way to do it, that's how body builders do it before competitions. I would just as soon not have the worry over the 6-pack and eat my pasta.

danniflava
06-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Low carb has nothing to do with it. Your abdominal muscles can't show unless your bodyfat is low enough to expose them so if you have a thick layer of fat, you won't see a 2 pack, let alone a 6 pack. Diet is the key to getting your abs out. Expend more calories than you take in, strip that bodyfat, then show off those abs you've been hiding so well under that fat.

I'm 5 foot 6 inches, and 116 pounds. I'm not fat, I just want to see some definition in my body.

alan-n
06-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Its all about diet. Stay away from junk food, high sugar sodas. If should only eat high carbs in the morning. The rest of the day = lean fat higher protien intake. Drink lots of water,.... If you can eat 4 - 5 smaller healthy meals rather than 3 big ones each day.... drink lots of water, at least a gallon a day.

danniflava
06-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Its all about diet. Stay away from junk food, high sugar sodas. If should only eat high carbs in the morning. The rest of the day = lean fat higher protien intake. Drink lots of water,.... If you can eat 4 - 5 smaller healthy meals rather than 3 big ones each day.... drink lots of water, at least a gallon a day.

Couldn't I just do 100 crunches a day or something??

Return_Ace
06-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Abs are like every other muscle in the body, as in they need time to rest after a workout, 100 crunches could probably give the same result as 50..........

Anyways a tips that I got from meg: Lie on the ground in a press up position, lower urself so ur lying on ur forearms, then hold it for as long as you can..................
Thank Meg for that.......

tom-selleck
06-20-2005, 01:39 PM
why are they called "six pack"???? could never figure it out.

i would do alot of crunches and sit ups and watch the diet...even if you don't get to your desired result, you will have strong abs. make sure you counterbalance with back as well.

Return_Ace
06-20-2005, 01:43 PM
i think its called a "six-pack" cause it comes in two rows of three like a "six-pack" of beer....................

SageOfDeath
06-20-2005, 06:08 PM

I am skinny and I don't have a six pack but its kinda more of visable build. I couldn't agree more with the low carb thing. DON"T do it....... your body NEEDS carbohydrates in order to break down the carbs to convert into energy. Look at the food pyramid what SECTION has the MOST needed servings??? yes yes it would be the carbs. You need to have low fat to expose your abdominal muscles but if you have low fat but no abdominal or little muscle like myself then you won't see a six pack. Leg lifts are great for building abs and also "swimming". That's where you lay on your belly and keep you head, arms and legs up in the air and keep it there. For how long? You tell me, use pain as your meter of time, no pain no gain.

danniflava
06-24-2005, 05:32 AM
Abs are like every other muscle in the body, as in they need time to rest after a workout, 100 crunches could probably give the same result as 50..........

Anyways a tips that I got from meg: Lie on the ground in a press up position, lower urself so ur lying on ur forearms, then hold it for as long as you can..................

Usher does 1, 000 cruches a day to get his abs.

Superior_Forehand
06-24-2005, 08:56 AM
This sounds like something to keep you HEALTHy and FIT

hahahahah...

Ztalin
06-24-2005, 10:28 AM
Low carb is the quickest way to do it, that's how body builders do it before competitions.

Actually it isn't, and they don't. Bodybuilders eat clean carbs and do something called 'carb cycling'. Low-carb and ketosis is more of a fad than anything.

To lower your bodyfat, do HIIT (high intensity interval training, look it up), eat clean carbs (which means no junk), and burn more calories than you consume. And above all else, be patient. Chances are you won't stick to a strict diet anyway though. And this thread shouldn't be here.

Ztalin
06-24-2005, 10:31 AM

1000 crunches a day won't do anything. The entire point of doing crunches is to induce sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, which won't occur if you do that many reps, and don't allow your muscles to heal. Something in the range of 8-15 reps with weight will do much more. Less is more? The 1000 crunches might burn a lot of calories though, but it won't add muscle to your abs or 'spot reduce' any fat from them.

ShooterMcMarco
06-24-2005, 10:33 AM
regular cardio, ab workouts, and about 6 meals a day. you can't let your body go into starvation mode otherwise you start to store fat. doing 1000 reps isn't as effective as doing ab exercises with weight. once doing exercise with your body weight gets easy, start adding weight. as for cardio, jump roping and hiit are good places to start.

Ztalin
06-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Couldn't I just do 100 crunches a day or something??

Crunches won't burn the fat. Fat is long term energy source that your body holds onto you, it isn't something god put there to punish the lazy. You have a lot of learning to do. Calories are key. However, I if you lose a lot of weight you will lose muscle also, and you will just end up being a skinny twig. Find a fitness forum.

Ztalin
06-24-2005, 10:36 AM
regular cardio, ab workouts, and about 6 meals a day. you can't let your body go into starvation mode otherwise you start to store fat. doing 1000 reps isn't as effective as doing ab exercises with weight. once doing exercise with your body weight gets easy, start adding weight. as for cardio, jump roping and hiit are good places to start.

Haha. HIIT a good way to start? First time I did it I threw up after 6 minutes of it! (30 sec. jog, 30 sec. sprint).

Grimjack
06-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Look at the food pyramid what SECTION has the MOST needed servings???

NEVER look at the "food pyramid." That was debunked as unhealthy and negligent propaganda forced into schools by industry decades ago, right after the schools admitted "duck & cover" probably wasn't suitable personal defense in case of nuclear war. If you're still in a school where the food pyramid is shown as anything but an example of a poor diet, move out of Arkansas immediately.

With respect to the idea: "Low carb isn't the way to do anything." Yes, it is. Especially in America, where 90% of our carbs come from low-grade, processed sources. Yes, it's more scientifically accurate to say a cyclical diet which, yes, includes high quality carbs from fruits, etc. during loading stages is best. But since most carbs consumed in Western Society come from #### anyway, the simple saw, "lower your carb intake" has the same effect, with much lower maintenance. It's advice people can actually use.

Ztalin
06-24-2005, 11:54 AM
NEVER look at the "food pyramid." That was debunked as unhealthy and negligent propaganda forced into schools by industry decades ago, right after the schools admitted "duck & cover" probably wasn't suitable personal defense in case of nuclear war. If you're still in a school where the food pyramid is shown as anything but an example of a poor diet, move out of Arkansas immediately.

With respect to the idea: "Low carb isn't the way to do anything." Yes, it is. Especially in America, where 90% of our carbs come from low-grade, processed sources. Yes, it's more scientifically accurate to say a cyclical diet which, yes, includes high quality carbs from fruits, etc. during loading stages is best. But since most carbs consumed in Western Society come from #### anyway, the simple saw, "lower your carb intake" has the same effect, with much lower maintenance. It's advice people can actually use.

It really isn't hard to find good sources of carbohydrates. Anyone that says otherwise is very ignorant. Oatmeal, fruit, whole grain bread, whole grain pasta, etc, etc. It doesn't take a genius.

And don't even start with the 'cost' issue. Eating low carb is a lot more expensive. Carbohydrates are essential in a diet. Just find things with a low glycemic index. I've seen much more success from people that avoid ketosis. It just takes a little education on the subject, and a little determination. If one is too lazy to do either of those, then he doesn't deserve to lose the weight in the first place.

MegacedU
06-24-2005, 12:09 PM
I swear by that exercise - because you can FEEL it. Good luck, 6 packs are SO worth the working out. Keep it up.

Return_Ace
06-24-2005, 12:15 PM

Yeh but it doesn't matter, since as I said they are the same as every other muscle in the body and need time to recover..........................

I swear by that exercise - because you can FEEL it. Good luck, 6 packs are SO worth the working out. Keep it up.

*shuffles awkwardly*.....................uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I haven't really had time to work out anymore due to exams, BUT I PAID THE PRICE...........*sigh* there's like a layer of fat over my stomach..............................at least I'm out of school..............next week I've devoted to working out................

Jonnyf
06-24-2005, 12:18 PM
summer- Slim down (WHY don't really need to)

GAIN BIG MUSCLE

Return_Ace
06-24-2005, 12:20 PM
hahaha cos Jonny's a SCRAWNY little boi ;)....haha lol

though gain muscle............definitely, thats what next week is for.............

Boy Wonder
06-24-2005, 03:39 PM
It came naturally for me. I have a very high metabolism since I never do gain fat. I had a six-pack before and I was skinny before, but since I started working out more off-court almost a year ago, I'm a lean, mean fighting machine now LOL, and you will notice my defined "six-pack". Like I said, it all came naturally for me, just keep working hard at and you will achieve anything you desire.

Ztalin
06-24-2005, 03:52 PM
It came naturally for me. I have a very high metabolism since I never do gain fat. I had a six-pack before and I was skinny before, but since I started working out more off-court almost a year ago, I'm a lean, mean fighting machine now LOL, and you will notice my defined "six-pack". Like I said, it all came naturally for me, just keep working hard at and you will achieve anything you desire.

Was there any point to this post? Congratulations on being an ectomorph?

Boy Wonder
06-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Was there any point to this post? Congratulations on being an ectomorph?

I'm just trying to feel better about myself since my man Nadal lost, haha, no, I just answered some of his questions: "how long did it take?", "what did you eat", and I forgot to answer his other questions so here's the answers: I work out frequently, but take breaks here and there for recovery, and I do 4 sets of 80 situps now, which I cut down from doing 5 sets of 100 situps before. Like I said, it probably helps that I have a high metabolism, so whatever food I eat really doesn't matter to me, barring some things.

btw, Ztalin, is an ectomorph a body type, right? Could you post more about that body type and the other ones, I'm interested? thanks

Boy Wonder
06-24-2005, 04:15 PM
btw, Ztalin, is an ectomorph a body type, right? Could you post more about that body type and the other ones, I'm interested? thanks

ok, never mind. I googled it and found this site: http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/bodytypeinformation.html , for anyone who is also interested

MegacedU
06-24-2005, 05:13 PM
*shuffles awkwardly*.....................uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I haven't really had time to work out anymore due to exams, BUT I PAID THE PRICE...........*sigh* there's like a layer of fat over my stomach..............................at least I'm out of school..............next week I've devoted to working out................
What are you waiting for? Don't make me come and sit on your abs while you do cruches or sit on your back while you do that other ab workout.

couch
06-24-2005, 06:32 PM
I would say a lot of it has to do with genetics. Some people can work out like mad and never develop a six-pack even though they have strong abs.

MegacedU
06-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Couch, while that's very true, it also has to do with percent body fat. You might have crazy abs but if you have a layer of fat covering them, you're not going to get the definition you're looking for. So combine fat burning with muscle building, and you'll find more results.

couch
06-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Megacedu,

Yes, if you combine fat burning with muscle building, you will find more results. That only makes sense. But some people are skinny and work abs a lot and still don't have a great visible six-pack. I think it has a lot to do with genetics but hard work and a good diet never hurts.

It's almost like some people who work out and work out and never develop large biceps. They are strong but their biceps never look extremely large.

Ztalin
06-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Couch, while that's very true, it also has to do with percent body fat.

Genetics is largely responsible for one's bodyfat %... you basically repeated what he already said. Some people need a stricter diet than others.

MegacedU
06-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Genetics is largely responsible for one's bodyfat %... you basically repeated what he already said. Some people need a stricter diet than others.
That's not what he said at all, or it's not how I interpretted. He's talking about genetic build - never mentioning body fat etc etc. And skinny people can still have a huge percentage of body fat. It all comes down the individual building muscle and burning fat.

Ztalin
06-24-2005, 09:48 PM
That's not what he said at all, or it's not how I interpretted. He's talking about genetic build - never mentioning body fat etc etc. And skinny people can still have a huge percentage of body fat. It all comes down the individual building muscle and burning fat.

He said that "some people can work out like mad and never develop a six pack". In other words, they have a very hard time getting rid of their body fat, due to genetics. We are on the topic of a six pack, aren't we?

Skinny people can have a large bodyfat, that's true. But that also has to do with genetics (assuming their eating and physical habits are fairly sound).

MegacedU
06-24-2005, 09:51 PM
He said that "some people can work out like mad and never develop a six pack". In other words, they have a very hard time getting rid of their body fat, due to genetics. We are on the topic of a six pack, aren't we?

Skinny people can have a large bodyfat, that's true. But that also has to do with genetics (assuming their eating and physical habits are fairly sound).
Then again, you could have hardly any body fat and a whole bunch of skin without enough elasticity to cling to muscle groups, thus not giving the toned look. There're hundreds of scenarios.

Ztalin
06-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Then again, you could have hardly any body fat and a whole bunch of skin without enough elasticity to cling to muscle groups, thus not giving the toned look. There're hundreds of scenarios.

Genetics! :D

ShooterMcMarco
06-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Haha. HIIT a good way to start? First time I did it I threw up after 6 minutes of it! (30 sec. jog, 30 sec. sprint).

thats the problem, you started too high with the sprint. 30 sec jog, 10 sec or less sprint. only hardcore people sprint for longer than 30 secs.

EDIT: as with any exercise, you should work your way up instead of jumping right in with high intensity.

Ztalin
06-25-2005, 02:08 PM
thats the problem, you started too high with the sprint. 30 sec jog, 10 sec or less sprint. only hardcore people sprint for longer than 30 secs.

EDIT: as with any exercise, you should work your way up instead of jumping right in with high intensity.

This was long, long ago. It was on a cutting cycle way back. I go all out when I do something like that.

CrazyScheiner
06-25-2005, 03:16 PM

Strange... after my possible malpractice/miracle situation I started running. I couldn't exercise for the 5 months previous to that yet I was still able to do HIIT with 1 min jog, 1 min sprint.

Anyway, here is a rough sketch of what you should be doing...

Dieting:
- Eat 5-6 times a day if you are a male or 4-5 if you a female
- Consume all your carbs in the morning compared to nighttime
- Try to consume some fat as well, but try to make them omega-6 fats and non-saturated fats.
- ALOT OF PROTEIN

Lifting:
- 3 times a week AT MOST, you do not want to overexhaust or rip your muscles
- Work on a part of the body ONCE a week. Inevitably you will be working on say your triceps on your chest/bicep day.
- The best 3 lfting exercises are Deadlifts, Bench Press and Squats. You want to get the on different days because they drastically increase your metabolism.
- Abs are muscles as well, and to tone them, you must work in medium reps with weight resistance. My workout right now is 10-12 lb weights and 25 reps for each set.
- Technique is everything!

Aerobics:
- A minimum of 3 days a week, but the best would be 5 days.
- When running, keep your heart rate at 65-85% of your maximum.
- Run in the morning before you eat because all the glycerin (carbs) that was burned overnight leads to easier burning of fat. (Actually, due to a scientific study, it burns 300% more fat then after eating).
- MIIT (Medium Intensity Interval Training) or HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is the best way to run. If your just starting, 30 seconds of jogging followed by 10-15 seconds of a full out sprint.

Most importantly about all of these is that you should bring water to whatever you do. Drink about a gallon a day.

SageOfDeath
06-25-2005, 03:18 PM

Carbs are essential to your diet, though its true in America people have TOO much carbs at times. Many popular american products are very unhealthy: chips, soda, greasy pizza,frozen food, and basically most fast food. If have diet that inculdes fruits and veggies, carbs, meat, and dairy and then you avoid those popular unhealthy foods that I mentioned then I'm sure carbs won't be an issue. Given, the food pyramid servings are very screwed up but generally speaking you need a balanced diet.

You could lower your carbs but whatever you do DON'T take the plunge and follow the NO CARB and ALL MEAT diet on T.V. Its so screwed up they let you eat all this meat but you can't eat an apple????

This will probably make you all doubt me but I do NOT like fast food excluding the very best ones. (like Chick Filet, not nearly as much grease as Mc Donalds, they have the BEST costumer service ever, they don't say thank you they say my pleasure, Strictly Morman so its not open Sundays) I don't like school cafeteria food. That stuff is disgusting, my friend worked at the cafeteria at my school and she swore she would never eat their food again. The fries are cooked with oil that is not even yellow..... its dark brown/ black and its reused again and again.

Cutting down on unhealthy foods can help lower fat intake. You can start eating homecooked meals which are less expensive, healthier (depending on what your cooking and how good the quality of ingredients you buy), and to me tastier.

O yea I'm not sure if I described what leg lifts were on my previous post. These can help build ab muscles. Lay on your back with your arms straight at your sides. Keep you head up and slowly lift you legs, not too high though or else it will give less of a workout becasue if you lift you legs up too high then your back supports your leg weight and not your stomach. Slowly bring you legs down but never let them touch the floor. Bring you legs back up and repeat. You can do this in reps of 10-15 as you start out. If its too much for you to handle then you can lower the reps.

Also remember that you muscles need time to heal. If you work out everyday using the same sets of muscles then you muscles will never grow because they are being stressed and are not given the time to heal and grow. Also lactic acid will build up and can be dangerous to your health if there is too much. Lactic acid is what makes your muscles sore and there was this one woman who worked out everyday on her arms and after a few days she was sent to the hospital.

krnboijunsung
06-25-2005, 06:56 PM
I have high metabolism so mine also came naturally.

Everyone in this world has a six pack laying under the layer of fat on your stomach. As for me, I have NO fat, just muscle, so my six pack naturally shows up.

MegacedU
06-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Everyone has SOME fat krn.......sung. Or else, you'd get hypothermia in a snap.

SageOfDeath
06-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Well according to some weight, height, and age measurment in P.E. I have.... an unreadable ammount of fat. They can read 1% of fat. I think the stupid machine was broken cause I'm not like THAT skinny.

Ztalin
06-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Well according to some weight, height, and age measurment in P.E. I have.... an unreadable ammount of fat. They can read 1% of fat. I think the stupid machine was broken cause I'm not like THAT skinny.

Bruce Lee was about 6%...

http://www.lubbockisd.org/cavazos/Site%20Images/Bruce%20Lee%20copy.jpg

This is 3-3.5%

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/230085/i/Ronnie_coleman_top_ezr.jpg

Under 3% you will likely die in a short time. Most people considered 'ripped' or 'cut' are about 8-10%. At 1% you would have died a long time ago.

Return_Ace
06-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Ztalin.................you could have warned us about that second pic.................=p.
Now Bruce lee? He was F*cking AMAZING!!!!! have you seen that film........oh what was it called? Enter(or Return or something) the Dragon..........when he was practising, he lifted up his arms, and he had bloody "skate wings" bloody hell!!!!

anyways, i too have a high metabolism (or at least i think i do), I mean i can never seem to put on weight, I currently solid at 50 kilos, so damn annoying.....

What are you waiting for? Don't make me come and sit on your abs while you do cruches or sit on your back while you do that other ab workout.

Now I am gonna get heavily bashed by some members of this forum fo this comment...........but anyways: so if you are one of those people who I'm talking about (and you know who you are - DON'T READ THE NEXT LINE!!! therefore you do not need to comment :))

Meg does it look like i would mind you sitting on me whilst I do my workout? ;) hahaaha

EDIT: Oh DAMN, sorry krnboi, I just read over the post and realised i did the ....... thing again, oh well i can't be bothered to structure it properly; sorry.

Ztalin
06-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Ztalin.................you could have warned us about that second pic.................=p.
Now Bruce lee? He was F*cking AMAZING!!!!! have you seen that film........oh what was it called? Enter(or Return or something) the Dragon..........when he was practising, he lifted up his arms, and he had bloody "skate wings" bloody hell!!!!

anyways, i too have a high metabolism (or at least i think i do), I mean i can never seem to put on weight, I currently solid at 50 kilos, so damn annoying.....

Now I am gonna get heavily bashed by some members of this forum fo this comment...........but anyways: so if you are one of those people who I'm talking about (and you know who you are - DON'T READ THE NEXT LINE!!! therefore you do not need to comment :))

Meg does it look like i would mind you sitting on me whilst I do my workout? ;) hahaaha

EDIT: Oh DAMN, sorry krnboi, I just read over the post and realised i did the ....... thing again, oh well i can't be bothered to structure it properly; sorry.

lol. What's wrong with the second pic? Ronnie Coleman's awesome. You'd have to be a bodybuilder to understand... lots of discipline in what he does, regardless of the amounts of drugs he does.

And even though Bruce Lee is cool and all, I think he is severely overrated.

But are these the wings you are talking about?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=7750

And you are having trouble gaining weight? Eat you damn *****! Haha, jk. But in all seriousness, you really need to eat. A lot. I ate 4000 calories a day in my first year of bodybuilding (went from 125 to 175 lbs at 16 years old). My mom got mighty ****ed at me eating all the groceries! Now at 18 years old I don't have the time to have such a consistent diet and workout routine. So I'm about the same weight-ish.

mistapooh
06-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Wow, that HIIT thing really hurts. I feel great, my legs are damn sore and it feels like I was pushing my limits(yesterday was my first day). I used to jog 2 miles a day but I'm totally switching to this. The only drawback is those long distance people staring at you since you left the tracks like in 5 mins...

mxchickmagnet68
06-26-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm 5 foot 6 inches, and 116 pounds. I'm not fat, I just want to see some definition in my body.

i'm 5ft 7in and 120 and I have a six pack. It has somthing to do with your genes too cause my dad is 40 somthing and still has a slightly visible six pack.

Return_Ace
06-26-2005, 03:56 PM
lol. What's wrong with the second pic? Ronnie Coleman's awesome. You'd have to be a bodybuilder to understand... lots of discipline in what he does, regardless of the amounts of drugs he does.

And even though Bruce Lee is cool and all, I think he is severely overrated.

But are these the wings you are talking about?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo....php?photo=7750

And you are having trouble gaining weight? Eat you damn *****! Haha, jk. But in all seriousness, you really need to eat. A lot. I ate 4000 calories a day in my first year of bodybuilding (went from 125 to 175 lbs at 16 years old). My mom got mighty ****ed at me eating all the groceries! Now at 18 years old I don't have the time to have such a consistent diet and workout routine. So I'm about the same weight-ish.

That second pic its just kinda i don't know......just something, there's nothing really wrong just that............can't describe it, sorry.

Overrated? nah............When someones kick has the same force as a lorry hitting you, that is a perfection of timing and power....................those are the exact same wings I am talking about, i've never seen anybody else with those, but they look bloody amazing!!!!
Eat? I am eating.......... a ton, I know they say to eat loads of crap high calorie stuff, like junk food, ice cream, chocolate..............but then i need to convert it. I'd much rather eat healthily and not be heavy..................still i'll try to eat as much meat and carbs as i can in a day.........................

Ztalin
06-26-2005, 05:06 PM
That second pic its just kinda i don't know......just something, there's nothing really wrong just that............can't describe it, sorry.

Overrated? nah............When someones kick has the same force as a lorry hitting you, that is a perfection of timing and power....................those are the exact same wings I am talking about, i've never seen anybody else with those, but they look bloody amazing!!!!
Eat? I am eating.......... a ton, I know they say to eat loads of crap high calorie stuff, like junk food, ice cream, chocolate..............but then i need to convert it. I'd much rather eat healthily and not be heavy..................still i'll try to eat as much meat and carbs as i can in a day.........................

I mean overrated on a fitness standpoint :). Bruce Lee was very strong for his size, but he wasn't very strong compared to many big guys. His martial arts was more due to his constant training, not his fitness level. He wowed the public with dragon flags and this and that, but he really is overrated, at least to me.

If you aren't gaining weight, you aren't eating enough, and until you up your calorie intake, you won't gain weight. This is the sad truth, as it has been an obstacle in my life also.

And what you consider "lots" or "a ton" probably isn't what myself or other bodybuilders consider "lots". I don't think you realize how much you need to eat in a day to see results. Your idea of "a lot" would seem like a few snacks to certain people. Don't compare your diet to the average person that isn't trying to gain weight.

And I don't know of anyone that enforces the idea of eating junk food. I mean, don't worry about eating it. By all means eat McDonald's just like other normal people. But don't go out of your way to eat crap all day either.

And if you want to gain muscle, you will inevitably gain some fat... Kind of like the Second Law of Thermodynamics. No energy transfer is 100% efficient, some is always lost as heat. So in weight gaining, not all weight will come as muscle, some will come as fat. Until you change your mindset on weight gaining, you will never gain weight.

CrazyScheiner
06-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Wow, that HIIT thing really hurts. I feel great, my legs are damn sore and it feels like I was pushing my limits(yesterday was my first day). I used to jog 2 miles a day but I'm totally switching to this. The only drawback is those long distance people staring at you since you left the tracks like in 5 mins...

SHAME SHAME.

Your supposed to do that for 30-60 minutes if you in condition. If not conditioned, you must naturally exercise you way up to it. I shall quote this once again due to this past weekend's amazingly high temperature and humidity:

Most importantly about all of these is that you should bring water to whatever you do

SageOfDeath
06-27-2005, 03:06 PM
If you aren't gaining weight, you aren't eating enough, and until you up your calorie intake, you won't gain weight. This is the sad truth, as it has been an obstacle in my life also.

I'm sorry have to call this one out as BS. I eat plenty and healthy and definately don't cut back on carbs because I'm not afraid to gain weight. I play tennis 5 times a week. I just burn fat really quickly. Everyone's body is different and the ammount of food they need to eat in order to gain weight.

In order to gain weight you need to eat more than you burn. This doens't mean you aren't eating enough your body just burns fat quickly.

When you get older you start to burn less fat and yes you will naturally gain a little weight.

Again everyone's body chemistry is different and the ammount of eating is not the reason for being skinny or fat.

Ztalin
06-27-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm sorry have to call this one out as BS. I eat plenty and healthy and definately don't cut back on carbs because I'm not afraid to gain weight. I play tennis 5 times a week. I just burn fat really quickly. Everyone's body is different and the ammount of food they need to eat in order to gain weight.

In order to gain weight you need to eat more than you burn. This doens't mean you aren't eating enough your body just burns fat quickly.

When you get older you start to burn less fat and yes you will naturally gain a little weight.

Again everyone's body chemistry is different and the ammount of eating is not the reason for being skinny or fat.

Shut up... It's one thing to have your own opinion, but don't call bull **** on me. I guess you are calling bull **** on the various nutritionists that I know? And of the many, many bodybuilders that has spent years of studying how weight gain and hypertrophy works? Educate yourself on things before you call bull **** on me. I know much more than you on the subject.

Like I said, "a lot" is relative. You gain weight if you consume more calories than you burn, it's called science.

Not only that, but you make absolutely no sense.

"In order to gain weight you need to eat more than you burn. This doens't mean you aren't eating enough your body just burns fat quickly."

First of all, your body is burning fuel, not just fat. This goes for muscle, fat, and glycogen. IF YOUR BODY HAS A FASTER METABOLISM (burns fuel quicker) THEN YOU NEED TO EAT MORE TO GAIN WEIGHT. Use some damn common sense. It doesn't take einstein to figure this one out. And please don't try to give me any lessons either, as you obviously don't have any knowledge on the issue.

Ztalin
06-27-2005, 03:20 PM
SHAME SHAME.

Your supposed to do that for 30-60 minutes if you in condition. If not conditioned, you must naturally exercise you way up to it. I shall quote this once again due to this past weekend's amazingly high temperature and humidity:

30-60 minutes of HIIT? Are you cracked out? I don't know anyone that does more than 22 minutes of HIIT (sprint/jog intervals). Maybe if you do something like 30 second walk, 30 second jog...

danniflava
07-07-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm not fat at all. I'm actually skinny. I eat a lot, but I don't gain ANY weight. I lose weight more than I gain it.

I don't think eating stuff should do anything to the definition of my body.

Couldn't I just go to the gym?