PDA

View Full Version : YTPP Poly vs Syntetic

B.B.
03-18-2011, 01:05 AM
Bought a Head Youtek Prestige Pro and it was strung with full Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Fluoro 17 String.

Iīm 40 years old and used to the "old type of string".

The racket feels dead and boring to me, no power and no feel.

Could a new set of strings of say Prince Duraflex change this racket so much I will really like it?

I mean- will the difference be that great or is it just the wrong racket for me?

(Iīm used to players frames and should like it)

junk
03-18-2011, 01:48 AM
at least hybrid it - the feeling will be very different. full bed of poly makes any racquet feel dead

AirK
03-18-2011, 10:23 AM
How tight did you string the poly?

I moved from PSGD at 57lbs to prolineII at 50lbs and there was a significant but expected drop in power. Still decent 'feel' though, obviously not as good as the PSGD imo

JT_2eighty
03-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Yes, going from Lux to any non poly will be a big difference, so much so that you may like the racquet a lot more.

B.B.
03-18-2011, 10:32 PM
How tight did you string the poly?

I moved from PSGD at 57lbs to prolineII at 50lbs and there was a significant but expected drop in power. Still decent 'feel' though, obviously not as good as the PSGD imo

55 pounds.

Ok thanks for answer, guess Iīll try stringing with a non poly at about 50 pounds. Love the feel of the racket just need more power...:oops:

Ross K
03-18-2011, 11:26 PM
BB, this might be interest...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=357301&highlight=YTPP

R.

B.B.
03-19-2011, 01:30 AM
BB, this might be interest...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=357301&highlight=YTPP

R.

Thanks Ross for the thread:-)

Iīm like you I need more POWER. I donīt care what the string is, it might be a rubberband I donīt care so please give me the name of the string YOU think gives the lovley YTPP most POWER?

weksa
03-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Iīm like you I need more POWER. I donīt care what the string is, it might be a rubberband I donīt care so please give me the name of the string YOU think gives the lovley YTPP most POWER?

If power is what you want, then natural gut should do the job nicely. Maybe 60-64 lbs. depending on your tastes.

weksa
03-19-2011, 07:58 AM
If power is what you want, then natural gut should do the job nicely. Maybe 60-64 lbs. depending on your tastes.

But, uhhh, if you're limiting yourself to poly or synthetic (as listed in the OP title), then I guess that excludes natural gut... seriously though, power if you want it...

Ross K
03-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Thanks Ross for the thread:-)

Well, I don't feel properly qualified to answer your qsn as I've not played the PP long enough and played a huge range of strings (full poly jobs, in my case) in this frame. Of what I have tried - and don't forget to factor in lowering tensions, as I've done steadily, also obviously effects oomph - MSV was very powerful. Typhoon was pretty powerful too and far nicer all round. I'm also a fan of Hyperion and Signum strings in general. In other frames, PHT had a load of power. Poly Energy was very powerful too. Mantis Power has some pop (and is under-rated imo.) Lastly, a shout out to Tour Bite, which has been my biggest 'wow' string recently, however, I haven't played it in a PP... yet.:wink:

R.

BTW, You might want to also check out/post on: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=367032