PDA

View Full Version : 28 inch length frames?

kevhen
06-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Does anyone use them? Why or why not? I am looking at the new Prince Diablo since it's about the only 28" that is not your grandpa's trampoline. I think the longer racquet would give me more pop on my first serve and also make it easier to hit 2 hand backhands with a longer handle. Why don't more makers make players racquets with longer handles since you can always choke up when you don't want to use the extra length? I much more prefer my 27.5 over any 27 for the extra power delivered when serving and it plays like a 27 the rest of the time as I usually choke up a little bit when hitting groundstrokes and vollies. But why not more 28s out there to choose from?

thejackal
06-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Check out the Longbody, first name POG.

kevhen
06-20-2005, 01:30 PM
OK, looks good except maybe too heavy to customize much and too headlight to volley well with but otherwise seems pretty cool and another rare player's racquet in a 28 size. Why is only Prince putting out the serious frames in the 28 size in the POG and Diablo? I would like an 11-12 ounce evenly balanced 28 inch racquet.

thejackal
06-20-2005, 01:46 PM
I guess there is just no market for it. As you said, makeing a longer racket is walking a fine line. If the LB was less head-light the swingweight would be in the high 370s. Too light and it'd be too unstable and would remove somewhat the serving advantage.