PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Sensation...

claudioRM
03-19-2011, 12:31 AM
...it could be possible that the wilson sensation is causing me elbow problems?

in the end is an honest multifilament and it shouldn't, but I'm really thinking to cut them.

I have to say that I have an arm problem, not epicondilite since the pain in located a bit upper...at the end of the biceps, but...the first time I hit with sensation I felt more "pain" than usual and yday, it was the second time, I felt a discomfort locate at the epicondilite...:-?.

did any one of you had any negative experience with wilson sensation?

I don't want to risk to stop playing for epicondilite

smucker007
03-19-2011, 03:18 AM
If multis are giving you that sort of problem try using gut. But it might not be the strings at all..might be the tension, racquet, or ...your form. Only time I feel pain is when my tension is too tight.

claudioRM
03-19-2011, 03:43 AM
Only time I feel pain is when my tension is too tight.

they are on a Redondo Mid 24kg/24k (53/53lbs). It shouldn't be the stick...maybe I should low the tension :confused:

FedererBestTennis
03-19-2011, 10:31 AM

in the end is an honest multifilament and it shouldn't, but I'm really thinking to cut them.

I have to say that I have an arm problem, not epicondilite since the pain in located a bit upper...at the end of the biceps, but...the first time I hit with sensation I felt more "pain" than usual and yday, it was the second time, I felt a discomfort locate at the epicondilite...:-?.

I don't think there is any possible way Sensation could give anyone an arm problem. Try Mantis Comfort Synthetic, which is even softer. If Sensation is in fact giving arm problems, try a Gut/Sensation hybrid.

Keifers
03-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Can't tell from your op how new the Sensation string job is... I've found Sensation's playability does not last very long at all. There are many, many strings in the category that easily outperform it.

Ronaldo
03-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Btw, what string did you use before that allowed pain-free play? And at what tension?

ricardo
03-19-2011, 12:55 PM
I string Wilson Sensation 16g and 17g good for my TE/GE very low tension: 40-50 lbs on a Wilson KFive 108, PK 5G, PK KI5 PSE. It doesn't aggravate my arm condition. I am also experimenting with natural gut on the mains (Titan gut) and w.sensation cross. this hybrid makes a significant difference in terms of comfort, power, and playability.

Since your racket is a MID, try stringing lower: 40 mains/36 crosses.

Toons
03-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Only a suggestion - In my experience the Sensation was extremely soft, did not hold tension well and did not wear well at all. It did play pretty well though. I would be very surprised if this is actually what caused your pain.

A short time ago, when I was having arm troubles (exacerbated by 6+ months of string/tension experimentation), I tried it on 4 frames in a hybrid with gut mains. I have gone back to gut mains and Forten Sweet 17 crosses. Over the last couple years, this has consistently given me the best combination of Arm Friendly string life and performance.

PS - work to keep the ball more in front . . .

Keifers
03-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Only a suggestion - In my experience the Sensation was extremely soft, did not hold tension well and did not wear well at all. It did play pretty well though. I would be very surprised if this is actually what caused your pain.

A short time ago, when I was having arm troubles (exacerbated by 6+ months of string/tension experimentation), I tried it on 4 frames in a hybrid with gut mains. I have gone back to gut mains and Forten Sweet 17 crosses. Over the last couple years, this has consistently given me the best combination of Arm Friendly string life and performance.

PS - work to keep the ball more in front . . .
Yep.

10 char.

NinjaKiwi
03-20-2011, 05:35 PM

Check your string tension first. I use low string tension rackets to avoid tennis elbow. It works pretty well for me.

claudioRM
03-21-2011, 03:56 PM
thanks everyone for yours answers and contribute!

yday I had a sort of test playing 45min with the mid with the sensation on and the following 45min with the mp with pro's pro hitec microfibres and again I felt much better with the latter.
I currently feel always a bit of pain after playing but is different what I feel with sensation and other string tested until now.

probably I've been a bit hypochondriac :oops: and in the end I decided to cut the sensation...also because I'm going to receive 5 different king of pro's pro strings :-o and simply can wait to test some of them :cool:

tks again :)

mctennis
03-21-2011, 04:17 PM

YES!! I had some in a demo racquet from TW. I really liked the way it felt and also the control I had with it. However, the next day my arm arm hurt and it hurt for over a week. I wasn't sure it was the actual strings. After I hit with the demo racquet I ordered the same racquet from TW with the same strings and tension that was in the demo. I hit so great with it I wanted to duplicate the same feel and response the demo had. I actually tried to buy the demo since it played so well. I received the racquet from TW with Sensation in it at the same tension. I had the same results- sore arm and some wrist pain. So out came the strings. I replaced the strings and I had no more arm issues.

claudioRM
03-22-2011, 10:57 AM
YES!!

oh well I'm feeling better with your positive response! I was thinking to be a bit weird...but never as weird as a friend of mine that is coming out of epicondilite playing with dunlop 4d 200g strung with discho black mamba penta that is a mono, soft he says, but a mono and he was coming from a pk ki 5 :confused: