PDA

View Full Version : How long poly string should be in a racket?

Shaochieh
03-20-2011, 12:17 PM
I am starting to like some poly string and I have three rackets. All three racket is going to be strung. How long should poly string stay in a racket not play before losing tension or other unwanted side affects?

Fuji
03-20-2011, 12:53 PM
It depends on the poly and how much you play really. I have poly last me about 4-6 weeks if I'm lucky, and it's in a racket I don't use too often. RPM Blast lasts about 2-3 weeks for me before going dead in my pure drive, for some people however it only lasts about 6 hours tops.

-Fuji

weksa
03-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Point of clarification: if I'm understanding the OP correctly, Shaochieh is wondering how much tension is lost in a poly-strung backup racquet that isn't played. In other words, if the racquet is just sitting in the bag for a long time with a "fresh" poly job, are there any bad side effects, such as tension loss?

I remember reading something like this in other threads, and poly is supposed to be quite stable. But I'll leave the legitimate answer up to other more experienced people.

Macro80
03-20-2011, 02:54 PM
6 actual hitting hours I would say on average. Longer in a hybrid as you don't notice the poly deaden in the same way.

Shaochieh
03-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Point of clarification: if I'm understanding the OP correctly, Shaochieh is wondering how much tension is lost in a poly-strung backup racquet that isn't played. In other words, if the racquet is just sitting in the bag for a long time with a "fresh" poly job, are there any bad side effects, such as tension loss?

I remember reading something like this in other threads, and poly is supposed to be quite stable. But I'll leave the legitimate answer up to other more experienced people.

Thanks for clarify my question. You are exactly correct on my backup rackets. I don't break poly or never broken one so how long are they good for in my bag strung.

rodrigoamaral
03-21-2011, 07:50 PM
you should probably cut it out every 2 weeks at most or about 10-13 hours of play..