PDA

View Full Version : soft like Hyperion, but lower powered??

i suck at tennis
03-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Title says it all.. Looking for a co-poly that has a soft(ish) feel like Hyperion, but is a little less powerful. Above average tension maintenance would definitely be a welcome addition

dadozen
03-21-2011, 05:01 AM
Although the feel is a bit different, Scorpion 1.22 is a nice option if you want to keep the stringbed soft but with a little less power.

Actually, I was using a co-poly hybrid, with Hyperion 1.18 mains and Scorpion 1.22 crosses. It gave me the extra feel from Hyperion and the great overall performance from Scorpion.

I just gave up on this because VS/Scorpion gives me the best feel while keeping the performance from full Scorpion.

EDIT: Btw, Scorpion has a better tension stability than Hyperion, IMHO.

R3dux
03-21-2011, 09:14 AM
You might want to check out Kirschbaum Helix. I changed from Hyperion to Helix and I'm not looking back. Helix is about just as soft, but less powerful than Hyperion. Decent spin and around average tension maintenance.

There's also an offer for the Helix at TW, 3 packs for the prize of two.

JackB1
03-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Title says it all.. Looking for a co-poly that has a soft(ish) feel like Hyperion, but is a little less powerful. Above average tension maintenance would definitely be a welcome addition

I got your answer......PF Black Venom. Exactly what u are looking for.

i suck at tennis
03-24-2011, 03:21 PM
I got your answer......PF Black Venom. Exactly what u are looking for.

crap! i just received an order... I'll be sure and put this one on my "to do" list. Have you ever played with Weisscannon Scorpion?? I did get a pack of that to try, probably wont get a chance to string it up til this weekend though

JackB1
03-24-2011, 06:48 PM
crap! i just received an order... I'll be sure and put this one on my "to do" list. Have you ever played with Weisscannon Scorpion?? I did get a pack of that to try, probably wont get a chance to string it up til this weekend though

Yes Ive played with Scorpion too. Its a great string also. More crisp and powerful than Bl Venom. Depends on what u prefer.

JT_2eighty
03-25-2011, 05:40 AM

I've used both Hyperion and Scorpion in full beds. I think Scorpion fits exactly what you need, it is almost as soft/comfy as Hyperion with less power for sure.

Both strings are among the best in tension hold.

JackB1
03-25-2011, 05:46 AM
I've used both Hyperion and Scorpion in full beds. I think Scorpion fits exactly what you need, it is almost as soft/comfy as Hyperion with less power for sure.

Both strings are among the best in tension hold.

I agree that Scorpion is less powered than Hyperion, but I think that Black Venom FEELS more like Hyperion. Scorpion has a crisper feel. BV is softer and slightly more muted. Both good choices though.