PDA

View Full Version : Alien String review

yourname1245
03-20-2011, 06:32 PM
ok played alien string today, not what i expected.
played the string at 53 pounds 2 pieces in my dunlop 200 team 16x19
the string enlarged the sweet spot and had nice feel. very plush and soft, but to the point that i felt like the ball not making complete contact to the stringbed. for a 1.30 in a 16x19 pattern it had little to NO spin potential i really had to rip a closed grip to get the ball to come down. vollies were good because of the plush feel and serve had good control because of the pattern becoming tighter. for 12 bux its not worth the money there are a few better options. i would say to compare it to another string its like a dead loose rpm blast with out the spin and shape.
im sure its worth a try if your interested but again theres a bunch better options on the market. when i read the back of the package i assumed they were trying to make something close to alu power, not at all. we all know alu is alu and nothing comes close.
if you want something more detailed i could answer a few question.
remember my opnion is different then everyone else and thats why theres a 100 thousand of different strings for each type of player.
-sal

J_aces
03-20-2011, 06:35 PM
ok played alien string today, not what i expected.
played the string at 53 pounds 2 pieces in my dunlop 200 team 16x19
the string enlarged the sweet spot and had nice feel. very plush and soft, but to the point that i felt like the ball not making complete contact to the stringbed. for a 1.30 in a 16x19 pattern it had little to NO spin potential i really had to rip a closed grip to get the ball to come down. vollies were good because of the plush feel and serve had good control because of the pattern becoming tighter. for 12 bux its not worth the money there are a few better options. i would say to compare it to another string its like a dead loose rpm blast with out the spin and shape.
im sure its worth a try if your interested but again theres a bunch better options on the market. when i read the back of the package i assumed they were trying to make something close to alu power, not at all. we all know alu is alu and nothing comes close.
if you want something more detailed i could answer a few question.
remember my opnion is different then everyone else and thats why theres a 100 thousand of different strings for each type of player.
-sal

That sounds exactly the same as my experience with Beast XP