PDA

View Full Version : 03 racquets...

tennis_pr0
03-21-2011, 07:38 AM
When stringing an 03 racquet, when I get to the 0 ports, is it easy to just use my hip to hold the racquet in place? The machine I use does not have a lock, so this is the only way to do it. Any advice on this would be appreciated!

Carolina Racquet
03-21-2011, 07:53 AM
I would suggest posting this in the Stringing Techniques section to get the best feedback. What I believe you'll hear as possible solutions include:

1. Call Prince and get a 'boomerang' tool that keeps the string near the edge of the port.

2. Alternatively, some use the top end of a 'Sharpie' pen to get the same results as mentioned above.

3. String the crosses using the 50/50 technique starting in the middle of the stringbed. Some like feel you should weave and tension alternating, much like you would for mains. Others, like Irvin, suggest you should string the crosses moving to the top of the frame, tie off, then string from the middles to the bottom.

You might want to Search some previous threads using the right keywords and it could provide all the info you need.

Good Luck.

maggmaster
03-21-2011, 08:12 AM
I use 03 tours and string 3 of them once every few weeks. I have always used the hip break and have been doing so for the better part of a year. The boomerang tool is pretty neat but I have never found it necessary, it never seems to be around when I go to string.

Larrysümmers
03-21-2011, 08:39 AM
what i do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJHwgzRR_gw

Carolina Racquet
03-21-2011, 09:21 AM
I think the best method is the 50/50 method on the crosses. Just did it for the first time and it completely solves the problem of the O ports.

You do have to plan ahead quite a bit to ensure you're finishing on the side where your cross string tie-offs are, but other than that, it's pretty easy.

tennis_pr0
03-22-2011, 07:30 AM
thanks guys. I actually just put the handle against my hip to the point where the string lined up with the bottom part of the 0 port, then I held the crank with my other hand to prevent that fro moving. I don't string a lot of racquets, just my own and my close friends, so I won't have to run into this problem often, but the way I did it worked. It was a pain in the ***, and was a bit time consuming, but it came out nice in the end.