PDA

View Full Version : The Holy Grail (err, string)

2ManyAces
03-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi
So recently I've been researching quite a few different strings that would fit the Dunlop Aerogel 4D 500lite, or the Dunlop Biomimetic 500.

With the lite, I seem to be having trouble getting the ball on the sweetspot consistently. Being only 9.5-6 ounces, the lite doesn't have much plow on any strokes. So, I was thinking of moving up to the Biomimetic which weighs in at 10.5 ounces or something. Since the Biomimetic would weigh in more, I'd get power, but I'm also looking for comfort and spin. I have minor tendinitis in my shoulder, so I was hoping for something that'd be easy on my arm but still offer me some spin.

I have pretty good technique on all my strokes, and am working on lengthening my swing. I have pretty compact strokes. I have a semi-western grip on my forehand.

So far, I have tried Kirschbaum Pro Line II, RPM Blast, Pro Hurricane Tour, Pro Hurricane with NVY synthetic hybrid, and prince synthetic gut. My favorite was the syn gut.

I'm looking towards: Spiky Shark, Black Code, or Barb Wire.

Which one of these strings offers the most spin but doesn't kill your arm? If you have any other suggestions that aren't these strings it would be appreciated too.

Thanks..

Tennis100
03-21-2011, 09:49 AM
go with a 300 for more control power and spin. kirshcbaum in my opinion.

Lefty5
03-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Tourna big hitter blue rough has just been documented by the Racket sports industry magazine as #1 in spin and #1 in control for a poly. I personally love it and its very soft on the arm. I would start there. oh, and it won't break the bank either.

2ManyAces
03-21-2011, 11:22 AM
go with a 300 for more control power and spin. kirshcbaum in my opinion.

My only issue with the 300 is that it's 10.9 ounces. I'm a kid and I'm not exactly a muscle man. :twisted: I'll definitely look into it though.

@Lefty5: thanks for the input. I think I'll try Big Hitter Blue. The cheaper the better and if it's number one from racket sports I'll definitely get it.

kiteboard
03-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Blue gear ultra.

Wilson95
03-21-2011, 12:37 PM
I play with a Dunlop Aerogel 4D 500 Tour and have tried a ton of polys. My favorite was Signum Pro Tornado. I have been using it for several months now and love it. Excellent spin and control and it's also quite comfortable.

CDestroyer
03-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Tourna big hitter blue rough has just been documented by the Racket sports industry magazine as #1 in spin and #1 in control for a poly. I personally love it and its very soft on the arm. I would start there. oh, and it won't break the bank either.

I agree totally. Plus it keeps its edges 3 times longer than Signum Pro Tornado which is much more expensive.

Ross K
03-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Tour Bite and Typhoon have recently really impressed me more than anything else as full poly jobs.

2ManyAces
03-21-2011, 04:31 PM
All of these suggestions sound great. I really appreciate it. Now I'm only wondering which one of these strings will keep the best tension maintenance? Even if the string is amazing, I'm not really looking to restringing ever week or so. I really hate it when good strings go dead and become trampolines for the ball. Thanks

rodrigoamaral
03-21-2011, 07:48 PM
All of these suggestions sound great. I really appreciate it. Now I'm only wondering which one of these strings will keep the best tension maintenance? Even if the string is amazing, I'm not really looking to restringing ever week or so. I really hate it when good strings go dead and become trampolines for the ball. Thanks

the Genesis Typhoon is really good if you are seeking tension maintenance..

Lefty5
03-22-2011, 06:22 AM
the Genesis Typhoon is really good if you are seeking tension maintenance..

agree, Genesis and the Tourna poly's hold their tension very well. You really can't go wrong.

Cup8489
03-22-2011, 06:39 AM
My only issue with the 300 is that it's 10.9 ounces. I'm a kid and I'm not exactly a muscle man. :twisted: I'll definitely look into it though.

@Lefty5: thanks for the input. I think I'll try Big Hitter Blue. The cheaper the better and if it's number one from racket sports I'll definitely get it.

Remember its the Big Hitter Blue Rough, not regular. Both are excellent strings, but the rough is more excellent :P

You shouldn't have any issue with the 300, its a very good all around frame, and I think it's actually lighter than the 500 line?

tennisinAZ
03-22-2011, 02:20 PM
the barb wire is a good string, but it is really stiff so youd need a good synthetic and drop the tension on the bard wire. Solincos revolution 17g and luxilon savage are also very good in my opinion

2ManyAces
03-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Remember its the Big Hitter Blue Rough, not regular. Both are excellent strings, but the rough is more excellent :P

You shouldn't have any issue with the 300, its a very good all around frame, and I think it's actually lighter than the 500 line?

I'll remember about the Rough. Hoping to order some soon :) I just checked the weights of the 300 and 500 line. The 300 is 10.9 strung. The 500 is 10.3. I think you were thinking of the 500 tour, which is 11.0 strung.