PDA

View Full Version : Technifibre X-One and Babolat Duralast mix?

BigForehand
03-21-2011, 06:52 PM
How does this sound, the X-One on the crosses and Duralast on the mains? Will it give me good tension retention and durability and also good power and control?

Or should I swap one for luxilon original, or somethinig else? What mixes would you recommend, I want something crisp that doesn't go dead, I want durability, and power. None of that dead-feel BS.

BigForehand
03-22-2011, 01:16 PM
cmon why is this hard?

tennisnoob3
03-22-2011, 01:21 PM
why dont you search for multi/poly hybrid? poly goes dead and lacks power, so why would you pick that? just go x-one full bed

USERNAME
03-22-2011, 04:09 PM
why dont you search for multi/poly hybrid? poly goes dead and lacks power, so why would you pick that? just go x-one full bed

Maybe he wants less power in a somewhat softer setup. Ive never tried Duralast in a hybrid but alone its pretty much a standard poly. Dura played with very little pop, not a ton of feel, ok spin, and very stiff. I could take HUGE cuts at the ball with Duralast which created great shots but once you ease up on your swing, you get nothing from the string bed. X-One is my goto cross in pretty much every hybrid I play, great great string. The only downside is that X-One snaps pretty quick. I think its worth a try at lower tension (50-54).

BigForehand
03-22-2011, 05:14 PM
ok how about X-One mains and Gosen Sheep crosses.

I want something that feels crips but doesn't die, since I don't play too often (busy with work/school/etc) so I don't want to put in a string had have it go dead, it's a waste.

kiteboard
03-22-2011, 06:27 PM
duralast/vs team gut is best.

L4RZ
03-22-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm with tennisnoob3. If you don't play a lot or at least don't break the strings frequently, there's no reason for using a poly string. If it's too much power, mix it with rip control or something similar.

OG sheep is good as well but the multi's last longer (when it comes to tension stability not durability)

BigForehand
03-22-2011, 10:16 PM
so a full bed with X-one won't go dead as long as I dont break it?

I'm fine if the string breaks, I just don't want it going to crap from just sitting there or hitting once in a while when I have time (and doesn't rain).