PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre E-Matrix...

Doubles
03-21-2011, 09:13 PM
I just wanted some opinions on this string. Is it a good value at $5? Or am I better off spendin money on other strings? Durability isn't a real issue, because it would be so cheap. But playability would be. I would most likely use it as a cross with a smooth poly main. Thanks in advance...

Say Chi Sin Lo
03-21-2011, 11:28 PM
I just wanted some opinions on this string. Is it a good value at $5? Or am I better off spendin money on other strings? Durability isn't a real issue, because it would be so cheap. But playability would be. I would most likely use it as a cross with a smooth poly main. Thanks in advance...

That's what I thought when I tried it. "It's got to give me at least a few sessions, and I'm using it in a cross!" I was so wrong...

They broke in 2hours...

chrischris
03-22-2011, 12:01 AM

On a tight bed 18/20 they work well. i used them for quite a while in my prestiges and pc 600s with great results. nice ball pocketing and comfort.i like them a lot.

Doubles
03-22-2011, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the opinions. I might as well try it for $5. If it's horrible I could always use RIP control or Alpha Gut 2000, or some other cheap multi...

DavidNERODease
03-22-2011, 07:51 AM
I tried it and thought the quality was actaully higher than some have reported and I had no trouble stringing it but there was a tremendous amount of inter-string friction/resistance to movement in the string bed. Because of this the string is not good for heavy topspin players. Depsite being very soft, it will feel harsh, produce low levels of spin and the launch angle will be too low for topspin players. Could still be a wonderful string for other playing styles though.

Wilson95
03-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Nice string, but it broke very quickly for me.

Doubles
03-22-2011, 12:44 PM
I tried it and thought the quality was actaully higher than some have reported and I had no trouble stringing it but there was a tremendous amount of inter-string friction/resistance to movement in the string bed. Because of this the string is not good for heavy topspin players. Depsite being very soft, it will feel harsh, produce low levels of spin and the launch angle will be too low for topspin players. Could still be a wonderful string for other playing styles though.

Interesting. Sounds to me like it doesn't really play like a multi...

diredesire
03-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Either way, you're going to try it, so pick up a set. It's an easy throw-in to your cart when shopping.

My opinion: It used to be better. Before the huge runs for TW, e-matrix was a virtual clone for Wilson Sensation. It's still a very similar string, but the string coating/casing seems to be much less durable/well made these days. It breaks fast enough where the $5 cost really will start adding up. Playability is nice, it does play like a multi, but feels a little "sticky." I'd rarely recommend using a multi in the crosses with a poly, as most multis tend to shred.

scotus
03-22-2011, 02:12 PM
It is not worth my time stringing it up.

I would not buy it even at $2 a set.

scotus
03-22-2011, 02:12 PM
If you must, get the thicker gauge.