PDA

View Full Version : Half sets of Gut

Fuji
03-22-2011, 06:34 PM
On TW, there are tons of half sets of different brands of gut, I'm just wondering however, Is there a link to order half sets of Babolat VS? I might just be blind here, but as far as I am finding so far, there is none?! :( If someone could provide a link that would be amazing! Thank you! :)

-Fuji

J.Lee42
03-22-2011, 06:56 PM
if you go to the search bar of the TW site, type in "1/2" and a bunch of strings will come up as half sets....

The Djoker
03-22-2011, 07:10 PM
More specifically, http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Bab_VS_Natural_Gut_16_12_Set/descpageAC-BNG6H.html

Fuji
03-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Thank you! :)

-Fuji

The Djoker
03-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Follow J Lee's advice to see different gauges

mpournaras
07-14-2013, 09:38 PM
What is the best way to store the other half of the full set of gut once you have opened the package?

McLovin
07-15-2013, 04:00 AM
Put it in a ziplock bag & store in a cool place out of the sun. The basement is the most popular choice.

Also note that when stored properly, the gut can last for years after being opened.

phishbiscuits
07-16-2013, 06:22 AM
Since I'm an idiot, I buy the Bab hybrid with half a set of VS Touch Black. I use two sets of the RPM for a full poly bed on a frame and use the half set of gut for a hybrid on another.

That's the only way I can get Babolat gut in half-sets

Lukhas
07-16-2013, 06:24 AM
I guess putting the string in the fridge works too (after zipping it of course), doesn't it?

Since I'm an idiot, I buy the Bab hybrid with half a set of VS Touch Black. I use two sets of the RPM for a full poly bed on a frame and use the half set of gut for a hybrid on another.
That's the only way I can get Babolat gut in half-sets
Well, now you know it exists. Never too late I guess. :)

Steve Huff
07-16-2013, 04:00 PM
How long are you going to be storing it? It doesn't need to go in a "cold" place, just a room temp, out of the sun place. I put it back in the original package, fold over the top, put some duct tape over it, then put it in a Ziploc bag. I've never had a problem with it.

newpball
07-16-2013, 04:06 PM
I guess putting the string in the fridge works too (after zipping it of course), doesn't it?

Better in the freezer but only after you soak the gut in water for a few minutes so that the ice crystals can protect the gut. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

spinovic
07-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Better in the freezer but only after you soak the gut in water for a few minutes so that the ice crystals can protect the gut. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That reminds me of:

He got shot 7 times, but luckily the bullets missed all major organs. The salt-water preserved his body until we could find him.

The Naked Gun