PDA

View Full Version : Wilson March 2011 String Play Test

SteveI
03-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Sample # 2DOT128. Results due April 18th. Received 3/23. Enjoy, all that got the call.. :-)

mrtrinh
03-23-2011, 02:03 PM
ahh didnt see this thread before I made mine, just received mine as well

SlapShot
03-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Just got my set as well. Strung it up tonight, and I'll give it a first swing tomorrow night at some casual doubles.

AlpineAce
03-26-2011, 09:24 PM
same here will try it out in the donnay x-blue 94

AlpineAce
04-23-2011, 08:42 PM
anyone know what this string is supposed to be like?

AlpineAce
05-01-2011, 04:30 PM
hello? anyone??? obviously several of us have received this string.

themitchmann
05-02-2011, 04:10 AM
I thought it was pretty nice. No word on what it is yet, though.

AlpineAce
05-02-2011, 04:54 AM
I thought it was pretty nice. No word on what it is yet, though.

ok could you describe it a little more? because if its like enduro or adrenaline, then I wont use it in the racket I was going to.

mctennis
05-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Has anyone else have some feedback about this string?

themitchmann
05-03-2011, 03:57 AM
ok could you describe it a little more? because if its like enduro or adrenaline, then I wont use it in the racket I was going to.

I'm guessing it's a Lux. I strung it at 56lbs in my Rebel. I usually hybrid poly mains/multi crosses at 59lbs if that helps. I was happy with the tension.

SteveI
05-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Has anyone else have some feedback about this string?

Hey Buddy,

Since we are past the date of reporting..I think it is safe to talk about my impressions. The string I tested was most likely an updated "Enduro" series string. I have played the Enduro Pro 17 and 16 and it played very much like those offerings.

I strung it @ 55/53 lbs. The string was decent to string and coil memory was average. Average time to string. Constant pull machine.

The first few hours and string was quite stiff feeling but really broke in well. After that great ball pocketing and control. Spin generation was outstanding. Feel was somewhat average.. but not bad. Once the string broke-in, power was above average. Arm comfort was not an issue and I felt no adverse effects (Note: I never do). I did not break the string and the tension held up great until about the 12 hour mark. The strings are still installed and I am still using the frame to feed and serve balls to my HS players. The frame out of "play". Overall, I could see myself using this string.

I would use/stock this string if it was under $10.00. Compares well to Big Hitter Silver 17 and TS Cyber Flash 17 and of course Enduro Pro 17.

I hope that helps...

Thanks Wilson/Lux and Ryan (Wilson Racket Sports)

nalvarado
05-03-2011, 06:01 AM
Would anyone care to enlighten me as to how to get invited into these playtests? There was mention of emailing ryan in another thread but there no email listed, at least publicly. I submitted a ticket to wilson via their help center but they closed it without a response. Please email me at nalvaradoproductions@gmail.com

Thanks,
Nick Alvarado

SteveI
05-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Would anyone care to enlighten me as to how to get invited into these playtests? There was mention of emailing ryan in another thread but there no email listed, at least publicly. I submitted a ticket to wilson via their help center but they closed it without a response. Please email me at nalvaradoproductions@gmail.com

Thanks,
Nick Alvarado

Sorry I just lost my e-mail contacts. I will to get it to you if I recover the list. Others must have it.

Good Luck..
Steve

SteveI
05-03-2011, 08:00 AM

Thanks,
Nick Alvarado

You have mail!!!

lynnbart
05-03-2011, 09:12 AM
I would love to playtest as well. I string for our local high school team and we are always looking out for something different or better.

mctennis
05-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Hey Buddy,

Since we are past the date of reporting..I think it is safe to talk about my impressions. The string I tested was most likely an updated "Enduro" series string. I have played the Enduro Pro 17 and 16 and it played very much like those offerings.

I strung it @ 55/53 lbs. The string was decent to string and coil memory was average. Average time to string. Constant pull machine.

The first few hours and string was quite stiff feeling but really broke in well. After that great ball pocketing and control. Spin generation was outstanding. Feel was somewhat average.. but not bad. Once the string broke-in, power was above average. Arm comfort was not an issue and I felt no adverse effects (Note: I never do). I did not break the string and the tension held up great until about the 12 hour mark. The strings are still installed and I am still using the frame to feed and serve balls to my HS players. The frame out of "play". Overall, I could see myself using this string.

I would use/stock this string if it was under $10.00. Compares well to Big Hitter Silver 17 and TS Cyber Flash 17 and of course Enduro Pro 17.

I hope that helps...

Thanks Wilson/Lux and Ryan (Wilson Racket Sports)

Hello my friend, thanks for your impression of this string. The set I had broke during warm up because of a bad grommet. So I could not get a good feel for it, unfortunately. That's why I waited to ask until after the deadline for the testing data to be entered.

AlpineAce
05-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Ok I strung it, and wow, this is a soft poly! I dont think it compares to Cyberflash OR bighitter silver AT ALL. (never tried enduro)
This string streched MORE than any other poly I've ever strung, it stretch almost as much as a multi! I was triple pulling it.
Playbilty was good, good top spin, nothing special except for people that want to use poly but dont want to hurt their arm.

Power was good too. I prefer a firmer string but I think this was better than adrenaline.

themitchmann
05-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Ok I strung it, and wow, this is a soft poly! I dont think it compares to Cyberflash OR bighitter silver AT ALL. (never tried enduro)
This string streched MORE than any other poly I've ever strung, it stretch almost as much as a multi! I was triple pulling it.
Playbilty was good, good top spin, nothing special except for people that want to use poly but dont want to hurt their arm.

Power was good too. I prefer a firmer string but I think this was better than adrenaline.

I thought it was very spin friendly as well. But when you hit it dead on center with a level swing....WATCH OUT. Super powerful.

SteveI
12-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi,

Any news on this test string? Was it released? I dropped e-mail to Ryan a while back but he was not able to share anything. Also, Santa just gifted me two sets. I loved this stuff when I tested it. Yes.. it had more pop than TS CF.. easy on the arm. Power on demand. Anyone in the know Wilson/Lux insiders??? Thanks Santa!!!!