PDA

View Full Version : Switching from OG Sheep to..

robJAR
03-23-2011, 11:54 AM
My first post in MONTHS, literally. Haha :)

Well from the post title, my main racquet is a k90 strung with full OG Sheep Micro 16 at #47. I like the string, but since i've broken a string.. Once in my entire tennis life (Gamma LiveWire 16 i believe) i'm open to some alternatives. I like what i use, but i wouldn't mind a softer string. Also, i have no idea how 'powerful' OG Sheep Micro is on the power scale, so maybe i was thinking of something softer and lower-powered?

Price isn't really an issue, but i prefer not spending 15 bucks a set, so natural gut is out of the question. I heard mantis comfort synthetic is a good multi?

-robJAR

Keifers
03-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Maxim Touch is low-powered multi and has excellent pocketing, feel and touch. If you're a flatter hitter and don't require tons of spin, I would highly recommend it. Very well priced, too.

mikeler
03-23-2011, 02:44 PM
My first post in MONTHS, literally. Haha :)

Well from the post title, my main racquet is a k90 strung with full OG Sheep Micro 16 at #47. I like the string, but since i've broken a string.. Once in my entire tennis life (Gamma LiveWire 16 i believe) i'm open to some alternatives. I like what i use, but i wouldn't mind a softer string. Also, i have no idea how 'powerful' OG Sheep Micro is on the power scale, so maybe i was thinking of something softer and lower-powered?

Price isn't really an issue, but i prefer not spending 15 bucks a set, so natural gut is out of the question. I heard mantis comfort synthetic is a good multi?

-robJAR

Mantis Comfort is the softest multi I've tested to date and one of the lowest powered ones. I found Maxim Touch 17g to be too springy for my liking but it is very soft as well.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=352048

robJAR
03-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I was also wondering, where would OGSM be on the power scale ..from 1-100?

-robJAR

kiteboard
03-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Pro supex titan syn gut.

rodrigoamaral
03-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Maxim Touch is low-powered multi and has excellent pocketing, feel and touch. If you're a flatter hitter and don't require tons of spin, I would highly recommend it. Very well priced, too.

agree try the maxim touch or the comfort synthetic as mikeler mentioned..