PDA

View Full Version : Genesis twisted razor

jgtthd
03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
I kerp reading about these strings.
Has anyone actually played with them and are they as good as all thry hype? The reviews so far are great but lets hear the thoughts of some real people who have hit with them

J_aces
03-23-2011, 06:03 PM
I used it and thought it was great for spin and power. Felt similar to RPM but a little firmer.

Kal-El 34
03-23-2011, 06:13 PM
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr320/Kal-El34/razor.jpg

Kal-El 34
03-23-2011, 06:16 PM
i threw a set of this in my blue yesterday and have been hitting with it for about 4 hours now.

stringing with it sucks. its pretty sharp, and not easy to weave with. i've strung with weed wacker chord more flexy than this (and yes ive put it in a racket before :)

however, so far i really enjoy the string. tension up-keep seems very good. 2 days in so far and i have seen no noticeable drop. Its a pretty firm playing string, giving good natural power. Spin potential is crazy. However the feel of the string is not that great. On volleys and touch shots it feels average at best. If you are a baseliner I would give this a go though

J_aces
03-23-2011, 06:46 PM
^^ have you played with typhoon? Wondering how they compare. Someone said they are almost the same

Kal-El 34
03-23-2011, 07:29 PM
i think the typhoon pockets the ball a bit better, but the twisted razor has a bit more spin potential. i think i like the feel of typhoon a bit better, but will know more after further hitting

J_aces
03-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Which one is more explosive/powerful?

rodrigoamaral
03-23-2011, 07:43 PM
going to test it probably early next week and will let you guys know within a few weeks or even less

retlod
03-23-2011, 11:54 PM
stringing with it sucks.

Agreed. Mine went almost entirely straight when I clipped the tie! Total PITA, but I've had Typhoon do that, too.

going to test it probably early next week and will let you guys know within a few weeks or even less

Ditto.

coolblue123
03-24-2011, 02:08 AM
How comfortable was it? Is it a co-poly? And what tension did you use?

Kal-El 34
03-24-2011, 08:11 AM
How comfortable was it? Is it a co-poly? And what tension did you use?

it is not the most comfortable string i have ever hit with. i feel it is a bit more explosive than the typhoon, giving a little more power due to its stiffness. i think it is a pretty good string though in general. It is worth checking out for sure

Kal-El 34
03-24-2011, 08:13 AM
i am pretty sure the make up of the string is similar to typhoon which is an extruded monofiliment co-poly.

i have it in my x-blue 99 at 52 lbs.

J_aces
03-24-2011, 08:18 AM
For me 54 was a little stiff and I would like to try it at 50. Btw mine was the sample of triblade which may not be identical to the twisted razor

tennisfreak565
03-25-2011, 06:59 AM
power-typhoon
control-equal (maybe a slight edge to the twisted razor)
spin-twisted razor
comfort-typhoon
feel-typhoon
tension maitnence- twisted razor

I've tried both these strings in a full bed at 55. Twisted razor has very good tension maintenance! I really liked the spin and control i was getting with twisted razor but i liked typhoon better. I love the feel and pop of typhoon and its my favorite poly. Still, i like twisted razor but it just is too harsh for a full bed IMO.

Consolation
03-25-2011, 08:07 AM
I don't have the equipment to measure stiffness, but as part of another project I have going with a student we measured melting point and thermal conductivity. Typhoon and TR were essentially identical. While that doesn't prove 100% they are the same material/extrusion process, it's extremely likely they are.

Just for comparison, there was a bigger difference between typhoon grey and blue, SPPP and SPPPP than between typhoon and TR (despite the different color).

wrxtotoro
03-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Can you also run a differential scanning calorimetry on them? It may yield more information on their composition.

nvottennis
03-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Tried it out this past week. Its a big no no for me. Nothing really impressive, especially the hyped spin. Plus, the barely existing "twisted razors" on this wear out within 3 hrs.

EdVin70
03-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Tried it out this past week. Its a big no no for me. Nothing really impressive, especially the hyped spin. Plus, the barely existing "twisted razors" on this wear out within 3 hrs.

I finally strung mine up and played three sets today. Its a stiffer co-poly and certainly not the easiest to string. I strung it up at 42lbs and it took me a while to get the feel for it. After about an hour I really started to enjoy the string; good spin and control and felt solid on the volleys. Feel wasn't terrific but it didn't feel like a 2x4 either. It felt great on serves, good spin production.

I am not overwhelmed by it but its certainly a good string. I think it would be really good in 17 and hope they produce it. We'll see if it comes into its own as it loosens up some more.

Jonny S&V
03-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Absolutely a pain in the butt to string, worse than ALU Rough. However, it did play well, but not worth the pain price for my budget (which is laughable, my bank account is in the single digits, lol).

Kal-El 34
03-26-2011, 05:16 PM
upon further play of this string here are my thoughts:

again it is the worst string ive ever strung with. such a pain.

once in the frame, it does play well for awhile. it is very stiff, but it does give good control and excellent bite for awhile.

after about 6 hours of hitting, the blades seem to have worn off, and the spin potential has decreased. tension maint. is good, as i have noticed no noticeable drop yet.

not a ton of feel, but power is good. i think it is a string that is worth checking out if you don't have to string with it. it's durable and plays well enough. don't expect it to be a soft poly though.

BurnNotice
03-26-2011, 05:42 PM
If only I can buy this string on Amazon or something

Kal-El 34
03-28-2011, 04:27 AM
burnnotice if you are looking for this or any genesis string just send me an e-mail...

jgtthd
03-28-2011, 03:00 PM
So my set finally arrived and played with them today, sadly was disappointed.
Spin was decent but very stiff string, ok power but horrible feel.
Personally didn't like it but I know others disagree

retlod
03-28-2011, 05:25 PM
upon further play of this string here are my thoughts:

again it is the worst string ive ever strung with. such a pain.

once in the frame, it does play well for awhile. it is very stiff, but it does give good control and excellent bite for awhile.

after about 6 hours of hitting, the blades seem to have worn off, and the spin potential has decreased. tension maint. is good, as i have noticed no noticeable drop yet.

not a ton of feel, but power is good. i think it is a string that is worth checking out if you don't have to string with it. it's durable and plays well enough. don't expect it to be a soft poly though.

I'm pretty much right there with ya. PITA to string--very stiff. Good spin, average power, but I could've sworn there was a metal wire embedded in the string. The harsh twwinng was too much for me to handle the first time out. We'll see what happens with time. Probably too stiff for me, though.

drummerdan
03-28-2011, 06:23 PM
So my set finally arrived and played with them today, sadly was disappointed.
Spin was decent but very stiff string, ok power but horrible feel.
Personally didn't like it but I know others disagree

I'm pretty much right there with ya. PITA to string--very stiff. Good spin, average power, but I could've sworn there was a metal wire embedded in the string. The harsh twwinng was too much for me to handle the first time out. We'll see what happens with time. Probably too stiff for me, though.

I love the string now but hated it the first time out. It was too harsh and stiff at 55 lbs. I'm down to 49 lbs and it feels amazing. I may even go a bit lower.

jgtthd
03-29-2011, 12:19 AM
i played with it at 45lbs and didn't like it :(

Kal-El 34
03-29-2011, 04:13 AM

Yep I had that same thought regarding the metal. The twing does not go away either. I think this string would be good for a prince racquet that feels dampened and mushy too me. This string could be good for that. However my Donnay x blue 99 is a pretty stiff frame. I'm going back to pro line ii.

EdVin70
03-29-2011, 05:48 AM
Yep I had that same thought regarding the metal. The twing does not go away either. I think this string would be good for a prince racquet that feels dampened and mushy too me. This string could be good for that. However my Donnay x blue 99 is a pretty stiff frame. I'm going back to pro line ii.

Agreed,

Too stiff for me as well, my PCT is fairly stiff and even in the low 40's this string was not giving me much feedback.

The spin production is there but I much prefer the overall performance of Black Magic IMHO. I think I need to try Typhoon next -

I'd interested to try this is 17 to see if it improves the feel.

I'd also like to try TR in a flexy frame like a Volkl PB 10 mid 93", I bet you that would be a nice combo ...

retlod
03-29-2011, 05:39 PM
^^^

Yeah, I'll probably try it in my EXO Tour.

pvaudio
03-29-2011, 06:27 PM
I think that manufacturers need to realize that most customers who spend enough time finding obscure strings have already figured out that super shaped strings don't yield great spin. Polyfibre Hexablade is a perfect example. That string is so sharp on the edges that you can cut yourself if you pull it through your hand too quickly. However, because of that, it notches almost immediately rendering you with a board-like stringbed with pathetic spin potential for what they claim.

Poly manufacturers with these textured strings still state "notches quickly to minimize slippage", and I know the reason they're doing this. They are assuming that everyone realizes that gut, syn gut and multis have the best spin before they stop returning to neutral position and you have to straighten them. Poly does that naturally due to its composition. Only once it's dead does it stop snapping back, so, in other words, string slippage is exactly what we want.

Jeepers
03-30-2011, 03:56 AM
^It actually doesn't notch for a pretty long time if you use it in a full bed

kslick
03-30-2011, 09:44 AM
I think that manufacturers need to realize that most customers who spend enough time finding obscure strings have already figured out that super shaped strings don't yield great spin. Polyfibre Hexablade is a perfect example. That string is so sharp on the edges that you can cut yourself if you pull it through your hand too quickly. However, because of that, it notches almost immediately rendering you with a board-like stringbed with pathetic spin potential for what they claim.

Poly manufacturers with these textured strings still state "notches quickly to minimize slippage", and I know the reason they're doing this. They are assuming that everyone realizes that gut, syn gut and multis have the best spin before they stop returning to neutral position and you have to straighten them. Poly does that naturally due to its composition. Only once it's dead does it stop snapping back, so, in other words, string slippage is exactly what we want.

So are you saying in a hybrd with poly mains and multi crosses that using a twisted or shaped string will yield less spin but by using a smooth poly it will produce more spin or the spin won't fall off? Just making sure I'm reading correctly. I've used Typhoon and have some Black Magic laying around. I use the set up stated above and wondering if when the notching from the shaped poly (Typhoon) happens that that is lessening my spin production. Would using the smooth help in that matter?

pvaudio
03-30-2011, 10:07 AM
So are you saying in a hybrd with poly mains and multi crosses that using a twisted or shaped string will yield less spin but by using a smooth poly it will produce more spin or the spin won't fall off? Just making sure I'm reading correctly. I've used Typhoon and have some Black Magic laying around. I use the set up stated above and wondering if when the notching from the shaped poly (Typhoon) happens that that is lessening my spin production. Would using the smooth help in that matter?Not necessarily. Poly strings with sharp edges would fall under my assertion. For those that are still rounded enough to move easily against the cross strings, you won't get as much notching. I think that those strings with a rough surface but still easily slide against the cross strings willl end up yielding the most spin. I think that most tests have proven this to be the case. Strings that fall in this category are WC Turbotwist, ALU Power Rough and Solinco Tour Bite, just for example.

The super shaped strings like Solico Barb Wire, Twisted Razor and Topspin Max ROTation just don't allow enough inter-string movement. It has been proven scientifically numerous times that the mains being able to displace and then snap back into neutral position is what creates the most spin. This is the primary reason why poly strings in almost every case offer far superior spin to any other synthetic string. There are obviously other factors like stiffness, gauge, tension, etc., but if you look at what people report, the only time that highly profiled strings work is when they are in full bed setups.

Another interesting category, however, is geared strings i.e. Kirschbaum Spiky Shark, Pro Supex Blue Gear, Signum Pro Poly HEXtreme. These tend to be different in performance all around. I've gotten incredible amounts of spin from Spiky Shark, but I honestly believe that it's the string's composition that gives it its advantages because after the edges wear off (which happens quickly), it still gives great spin. Blue Gear is incredibly stiff which might help its case. Further, if you look at the reviews of the new twisted Blue Gear, not once has anyone said that the spin is better than the original.

I would take all of this with a bucket of salt though. There is no one factor where apples-apples a certain string will give better spin potential than another. I fully believe that there is a monstrous placebo effect when using a new hype string regarding spin. People expect that it will shave the ball will suddenly shave the surface of the court when it bounces. If you, again, look at the reviews of these strings, people say that they love them and that the spin is TREMENDOUS, but yet these tremendous spin strings pass like fads. The only ones which continually report outstanding spin are of the type I listed above: Turbotwist and Tour Bite. I think this hyper profiling is just pure marketing.

kslick
03-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Not necessarily. Poly strings with sharp edges would fall under my assertion. For those that are still rounded enough to move easily against the cross strings, you won't get as much notching. I think that those strings with a rough surface but still easily slide against the cross strings willl end up yielding the most spin. I think that most tests have proven this to be the case. Strings that fall in this category are WC Turbotwist, ALU Power Rough and Solinco Tour Bite, just for example.

The super shaped strings like Solico Barb Wire, Twisted Razor and Topspin Max ROTation just don't allow enough inter-string movement. It has been proven scientifically numerous times that the mains being able to displace and then snap back into neutral position is what creates the most spin. This is the primary reason why poly strings in almost every case offer far superior spin to any other synthetic string. There are obviously other factors like stiffness, gauge, tension, etc., but if you look at what people report, the only time that highly profiled strings work is when they are in full bed setups.

Another interesting category, however, is geared strings i.e. Kirschbaum Spiky Shark, Pro Supex Blue Gear, Signum Pro Poly HEXtreme. These tend to be different in performance all around. I've gotten incredible amounts of spin from Spiky Shark, but I honestly believe that it's the string's composition that gives it its advantages because after the edges wear off (which happens quickly), it still gives great spin. Blue Gear is incredibly stiff which might help its case. Further, if you look at the reviews of the new twisted Blue Gear, not once has anyone said that the spin is better than the original.

I would take all of this with a bucket of salt though. There is no one factor where apples-apples a certain string will give better spin potential than another. I fully believe that there is a monstrous placebo effect when using a new hype string regarding spin. People expect that it will shave the ball will suddenly shave the surface of the court when it bounces. If you, again, look at the reviews of these strings, people say that they love them and that the spin is TREMENDOUS, but yet these tremendous spin strings pass like fads. The only ones which continually report outstanding spin are of the type I listed above: Turbotwist and Tour Bite. I think this hyper profiling is just pure marketing.

Good stuff..thanks for reply. Strings have gotten to be a science, good or not.

pvaudio
03-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Indeed. Keep in mind, 95% of that is simply my opinion and experience. I'm not claiming that's the writing on the wall. :)

Kal-El 34
03-30-2011, 11:09 AM
had the strings in my racquet now for about a week and a half of teaching. tension was pretty good until i came in today. strings are FLAT and i mean FLAT. huge tension drop, not feel, no nothing.... ugh... can't wait for this stuff to break

retlod
03-30-2011, 11:14 AM
had the strings in my racquet now for about a week and a half of teaching. tension was pretty good until i came in today. strings are FLAT and i mean FLAT. huge tension drop, not feel, no nothing.... ugh... can't wait for this stuff to break

Go hit some rocks. :)

drummerdan
03-30-2011, 08:31 PM
I'd also like to try TR in a flexy frame like a Volkl PB 10 mid 93", I bet you that would be a nice combo ...

That's my exact setup and it's the best combo I have ever played with and I have played with a ton of different setups.

EdVin70
03-31-2011, 04:23 AM
That's my exact setup and it's the best combo I have ever played with and I have played with a ton of different setups.

Funny, I just received a PB 10 mid demo yesterday ... I'm out of TR but will string it up with Black Magic.

pvaudio
03-31-2011, 05:14 AM
That's my exact setup and it's the best combo I have ever played with and I have played with a ton of different setups.I play with a flexy dunlop, and am getting Twisted Razor in this afternoon, actually. Want a playtest of that?

gshaffer23
03-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Not necessarily. Poly strings with sharp edges would fall under my assertion. For those that are still rounded enough to move easily against the cross strings, you won't get as much notching. I think that those strings with a rough surface but still easily slide against the cross strings willl end up yielding the most spin. I think that most tests have proven this to be the case. Strings that fall in this category are WC Turbotwist, ALU Power Rough and Solinco Tour Bite, just for example.

Interesting stuff.... I have not used any of these strings, but have just strung up my Agassi LE with Twisted Razor. I'm curious to see how it plays.

I have been using Spin X (1.29) for some time and what I notice about it, is although it is 'textured', after stringing it seems look like a regular poly.. not rough at all and I don't see the texture anymore, but I do find excellent spin.

Pwned
04-03-2011, 12:29 PM
I think Twisted Razor feels very similar to Typhoon and Barb Wire in softness. I don't find it that stiff, especially compared to other polys. It strung just like Barb Wire....

gshaffer23
04-04-2011, 07:15 AM
^^ Agree with your assessment...

After all the reviews on here about it being so stiff I strung it up 5lbs less than my normal with Spin X (1.29). I found it no different than stringing any other poly.

Gave it a good 5 hours over the weekend and it played pretty soft, not stiff at all. Muted, possibly because it was strung a little low for my taste but not stiff at all. TR has good control and spin, but did not impress me with any more than a decent poly. I did notice the balls were getting beat to shreds quickly though... so that pic is probably spot on, the TR does tear up balls quickly!!

I have been using full poly in my racquets for about 12 years now, and I like a more crisp feeling. This is not what I would call crisp, although most folks want something more comfortable these days and I would say TR fits the bill.

Not sure why people found it to be stiff... it is much closer to Typhoon in terms of feel than being a stiff string. Typhoon is still softer and more "springy" but TR is not far off.

All considered, it is a quality string.... I found good accuracy with my shots and the power was right where I like it. The lack of crisp feeling, which is my complaint with Typhoon as well will keep me using my Spin X.

Cheers!

rodrigoamaral
04-04-2011, 06:17 PM
just got my set the other day.. will string it later this week and post my review..

rodrigoamaral
04-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Sorry for the delay guys but here it is...

String was strung on Head YouTek Radical Pro at 57 lbs.

Stringing: This is definitely not the easiest string I have ever strung with as much more difficult to string with than Tornado, Barb Wire, Typhoon, Spiky Shark, etc… It took me probably an additional 5-7 min to string so that wasn’t too bad.
Ground Strokes: This string played relatively soft and surprised me quite a bit. I felt I was able to generate excellent spin from the baseline and did not lose any significant control or power with this string. Overall, my ground strokes produced heavier balls than normal and this setup benefited my game.
Volleys: Textured strings typically do not aid in volleys but my volleys were still pretty good. There were a few balls I wasn’t able to put away but not bad!
Serves: Excellent for slice serves but not that great for flat serves

Power: 8/10 Average. For a textured poly, pretty good
Spin: 10/10 Among the best out there
Durability: 9/10 Lasted 10 hours and did not break
Control: 9/10 Pretty good control
Comfort/Feel- 8.5/10 This is a textured poly after all but was a lot softer when playing then I thought it be after stringing
Tension Stability- 9/10 Very Impressive for a poly
Price Performance- 9/10 under $10 for a set or $120 for a reel

If anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

For those interested in trying this, I know TW does not carry it but I just did a quick google search and saw that hola bird sports carries it…

retlod
04-20-2011, 11:39 AM
My second time out with TR was better than the first. The annyoing twwinnnngg sound was gone and the string bed had softened up a bit. I actually played pretty well with it and found myself liking it more and more. By four hours, the edges had started to wear off and the strings were starting to need straightening between points. Despite this, the spin was still there. Good string overall, but I still prefer more muted polys.

rodrigoamaral
04-20-2011, 07:27 PM
My second time out with TR was better than the first. The annyoing twwinnnngg sound was gone and the string bed had softened up a bit. I actually played pretty well with it and found myself liking it more and more. By four hours, the edges had started to wear off and the strings were starting to need straightening between points. Despite this, the spin was still there. Good string overall, but I still prefer more muted polys.

I noticed the same here as the string really settled in after the 2 hr mark and played really well from there on out... it seems most people notice the performance improves after the first hitting session

JTathlete
04-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Sorry for the delay guys but here it is...

String was strung on Head YouTek Radical Pro at 57 lbs.

Stringing: This is definitely not the easiest string I have ever strung with as much more difficult to string with than Tornado, Barb Wire, Typhoon, Spiky Shark, etc… It took me probably an additional 5-7 min to string so that wasn’t too bad.
Ground Strokes: This string played relatively soft and surprised me quite a bit. I felt I was able to generate excellent spin from the baseline and did not lose any significant control or power with this string. Overall, my ground strokes produced heavier balls than normal and this setup benefited my game.
Volleys: Textured strings typically do not aid in volleys but my volleys were still pretty good. There were a few balls I wasn’t able to put away but not bad!
Serves: Excellent for slice serves but not that great for flat serves

Power: 8/10 Average. For a textured poly, pretty good
Spin: 10/10 Among the best out there
Durability: 9/10 Lasted 10 hours and did not break
Control: 9/10 Pretty good control
Comfort/Feel- 8.5/10 This is a textured poly after all but was a lot softer when playing then I thought it be after stringing
Tension Stability- 9/10 Very Impressive for a poly
Price Performance- 9/10 under $10 for a set or $120 for a reel

If anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

I just picked up a set of these from hola bird and was wondering what tension to string it at..

i usually use signum pro tornado or silverstring at 55 lbs...

Thanks in advance

retlod
04-25-2011, 05:50 PM

Why change?

J_aces
04-25-2011, 06:21 PM

Same thing for me too. Also I have been using a poly/syn gut hybrid lately and my arm hurt a bit when I hit with someones (probably dead) black code fullbed. I just spent a while hitting with twisted razor today and I didn't notice anything with my arm at all. It is sooo much nicer feeling now than when I first strung it. It does help though that today was the warmest day in a very long time

rodrigoamaral
04-27-2011, 01:55 PM
I just picked up a set of these from hola bird and was wondering what tension to string it at..

Thanks in advance

try dropping your tension by like 2-3 lbs so like 52-53 lbs on your case..
good luck!

Tennis_Monk
04-27-2011, 05:41 PM
How does TR compare to ALu Power rough?

Faster
04-28-2011, 06:38 AM
Just strung my PDGT with this string at 56 / 54 lbs.

Gonna play a couple of hours tonight. Wondering how it will compare to my previous string, the SP Tornado.

rodrigoamaral
04-30-2011, 05:04 PM
How does TR compare to ALu Power rough?

I think it holds tension better, offers as much spin, has more power and even though it strings up a bit stiffer than rough, it does not play as stiff as it..

JTathlete
05-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Why change?

looking for something cheaper and more spin... just strung it up a few days ago and will give you guys a review in a few days..

JTathlete
05-17-2011, 06:01 PM
looking for something cheaper and more spin... just strung it up a few days ago and will give you guys a review in a few days..

Quick Review: This string is a bit stiffer than some of the other newer co-polys but it produces massive amounts of spin, holds tension average, has decent control, good power and broke after about 10 hours of play. I usually break strings within the 8-12 hour mark so that was average as well. Overall, it was pretty good all-around string.

J_aces
05-17-2011, 07:13 PM
I liked this string when i used it but after using BHBR i noticed how bad feeling it was. BHBR was just soo much nicer to hit with

JTathlete
05-21-2011, 05:05 PM
I liked this string when i used it but after using BHBR i noticed how bad feeling it was. BHBR was just soo much nicer to hit with

definately a bit stiffer but the spin was really good.. It does also hold tension better than the BHBR and price-wise, it is pretty good..
Just noticed that express is doing a 3 for 2 deal on sets so i may pick up a few more to try out as price comes down to like $6.75 a set or so...

Dimcorner
02-22-2013, 05:36 AM
Bringing this back from the dead, but do you guys have any recommendations for a cross hybrid on this or is full bed the way to go?

Centerforward71
02-22-2013, 05:44 AM
Bringing this back from the dead, but do you guys have any recommendations for a cross hybrid on this or is full bed the way to go?

This has been my strting ogf choice for over a year and that of a few of my players. This poly is soft enough that unless your arm is way sensitive you are fine in full bed. If you really want to cross it I would go with a crisp multi but IMHO not necessary. This string has good power, great control and feel, great spin, and PLAYS CONSISTENT and maintains tension for longer than most other polys ive played. The string will have an initial tension loss and then seems to settle right in for a good 6-8 hours for me or more at times, but I hit pretty hard and punish my strings so you may get more depending on your play style.

This string does not get enough praise in my opinion around here.

THAT SAID frame style, weight, string pattern will all play a role here. Tell me a bit about that and your play style and desires from your string bed so I my offer more complete advice.

Dimcorner
02-22-2013, 06:12 AM
I play mostly singles all court and I have a '13 APD. My old stick is a Pro Open with typhoon on it at 52 and it feels ok (full bed), no arm issues.

I'm looking for a string that would give me more control and spin but not sacrifice too much on power. I do have my own stringing machine as well so I guess longevity is not too high on my priority list but that said I am trying to avoid dishing out tons of money on monthly stringing. I don't hit very hard yet so I'm guessing my strings would last a little longer than yours.