PDA

View Full Version : Where do Pros apply lead ?

bdog
03-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Where have you had most success applying lead?

I have tried customizing many rackets and have found that noon is still the best. I have tried them all, noon, 10-2 and 9-3. Plus lead in the handle as well. But for me a little at noon is still the best. I have leaded up a racket from 2 grams to 30 grams extra. Can never get it right for some reason. Adding only 2 to 4 grams at noon is the only thing that works. Placing lead at noon brings the head thru for me which I like. I get more stability at 9-3 but the racket feels more fat then. Maybe its just me, or I suck, or both, I don't know.

Looking at Pros, they seem to be all over the map.

Nadal and Fed, both noon with some in the handle.
Roddick, 10-2. Alot in handle.
Delpo, 9-3. Don't know about handle.
Now Novak, what? 8-4? No clue.

If most Pros have paint jobs, then most lead is placed under the bumper at noon I would think. Pete Sampras had a ton at noon with his Wilson, but with his Babolat, it is 9-3 now.

Just curious what works for you and which racket you use? And where do most male Pros place lead?

I know its personal preference, but wonder if there is a pattern of which is best or which has more success.

Fuji
03-23-2011, 09:07 PM
If the pictures I've seen, I remember correctly, Sampras had a TON at 3 and 9 as well to increase torsional stability. With Roddick, his is stretched over 3 and 9, I can link you the thread of his racket if you haven't seen it!

Pros are pretty all over the place though with their placement!

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=343468

-Fuji

Roddickfan155
03-24-2011, 07:49 AM
roddick's is at the 9 and 3 and handle