PDA

View Full Version : Big Banger Orig. in a YT Extreme MP

Aps1987
03-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Hey guys.

I have been playing with SPPP mains and Gosen OGSM crosses (53/56) in my customized YT Extreme, but thinking of switching to Lux BB Original. Wonder if you gentlemen (& ladies?) might be able to answer a few questions.

1. How long is BB Orig. typically playable for in a 16x19 frame? I'm about 4.0 level, hit with only moderate topspin, never really break strings.
2. Never hit with a full bed of poly bed. Thinking of stringing around 48 or 50 lbs...will control be adequate?

Thanks

Doubles
03-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Control should be just fine, even at that low of a tension. However, it should go dead after 10-12 hours...

retlod
03-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Background: Full poly. Love my leaded Extreme MP. Have hit with Lux BBO, Alu, Alu Rough, Ace, and TiMo. Love SPPP and every other SP string I've hit with.

If you're used to SPPP, the Lux will feel very harsh and you likely won't be able to stand it when it dies after only after 8-10 hours...but those hours will be AWESOME!!! It's more responsive and spin friendly than SP, but when it dies, it goes fast. Other than the awful orange/yellow color scheme, I'm curious why you're switching away from SPPP...unless you're just a string wh0re like me. Then you're awesome. :)

Aps1987
03-24-2011, 05:41 AM
Well thanks guys.

Retlod, I'm after something to give me a bit more access to spin, and also something I can source locally, as ordering online can be a bit of a pain since I can't really justify shelling out for a reel at the moment. Was hoping to hear BBO would last a bit longer, but alas.

Do you have any suggestions for a popular string (poly or otherwise) with good access to spin and good longevity?

I'd say I get at least 16 hrs (could be more? i'm just estimating) out of the SPPP hybrid before the poly goes dead, and even after, it's moderately playable. Looking for something to last around that long or more if possible.

retlod
03-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Well thanks guys.

Retlod, I'm after something to give me a bit more access to spin, and also something I can source locally, as ordering online can be a bit of a pain since I can't really justify shelling out for a reel at the moment. Was hoping to hear BBO would last a bit longer, but alas.

Do you have any suggestions for a popular string (poly or otherwise) with good access to spin and good longevity?

I'd say I get at least 16 hrs (could be more? i'm just estimating) out of the SPPP hybrid before the poly goes dead, and even after, it's moderately playable. Looking for something to last around that long or more if possible.

So...more spin, equal or better longevity, and locally available. Have you hit with Babolat strings? Perhaps some 18g Pro Hurricane? It's pretty common and not nearly as stiff as Pro Hurricane Tour. I like a PH/SPPP hybrid setup with the SPPP in the crosses just to save money. RPM Blast is pretty good, too...and common!

aimr75
03-24-2011, 07:33 PM
since youre currently using SPPP, have you at least tried a full bed of SPPP?

Aps1987
03-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Have not tried the full bed of SPPP, like I said, not available locally, and don;t really feel like ordering online until I can afford a reel.

Went with the Pro Hurricane, hopefully it'll play nicely, at least for now!

Thanks again dudes