PDA

View Full Version : String to soften Prince Ignite 95?

kul
03-24-2011, 08:46 AM
posted in racket section; maybe better here:

So I recently acquired an Ignite in an effort to squeeze some power out of my aging S&V game. The weight & balance feel great, but I'm not familiar with the stiff, rocket launcher response when i catch the sweetspot. (currently strung ~60lbs w/ prince poly). Further, I'm a little concerned about the damage this thing could do to my elbow if not strung properly.

Any thoughts on a softer, less powerful string setup?

I currently playing with Prince Power Pro 90 (super-flexy), MSV hybrid @ ~58lbs.

thx.

JackB1
03-24-2011, 08:55 AM
posted in racket section; maybe better here:

So I recently acquired an Ignite in an effort to squeeze some power out of my aging S&V game. The weight & balance feel great, but I'm not familiar with the stiff, rocket launcher response when i catch the sweetspot. (currently strung ~60lbs w/ prince poly). Further, I'm a little concerned about the damage this thing could do to my elbow if not strung properly.

Any thoughts on a softer, less powerful string setup?

I currently playing with Prince Power Pro 90 (super-flexy), MSV hybrid @ ~58lbs.

thx.

Mantis Comfort Syn is a low powered soft multi. Might be worth a try. Also string at mid tension at least.

mikeler
03-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Mantis Comfort Syn is a low powered soft multi. Might be worth a try. Also string at mid tension at least.

You can even string it at the high end and the comfort is still there with this string.

kul
03-24-2011, 10:31 AM
I'll give the Mantis a try. thanks.