PDA

View Full Version : Good Synthetic for a Full String Bed

tennisP1ayer002
03-25-2011, 09:19 AM
Hey, I was just wondering about which synthetic gut string would be best if used in a full string bed. I am currently debating whether to get Prince w/Duraflex 16, Gamma w/Wearguard 16, or Gosen Micro Sheep 16. I like my racquets strung around 60 and would like to know if any of these would be good or if there are better ones. Any replies are appreciated, thanks.

mikeler
03-25-2011, 09:26 AM
I string synthetic guts at 60 pounds. I've tried Prince w/Duraflex, Gamma synthetic gut 16 both the non-Wearguard and Wearguard versions and Gosen Micro Sheep 17. My favorite was the non-Wearguard version of the Gamma synthetic gut. It lasted twice as long as the Wearguard version...go figure.

SirGounder
03-25-2011, 09:33 AM
I think synthetic guts are cheap enough that you can buy a couple packs and try them out, especially if you string for yourself. I played with Gosen for a long time and it always worked nicely for me. I think it felt nicer than Prince Duraflex. I have yet to try the Gamma synthetic guts.

tennisP1ayer002
03-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks a lot for your replies. I think I'll give Gamma synthetic and Gosen a try.