PDA

View Full Version : New Cross Strings for Hybrids Experiment

stringertom
03-25-2011, 03:52 PM
I am attempting to quell some flaming tendons in clients' arms who are currently in full poly setups. Tried and true crosses until now have been multifilaments for the budget-minded and gut for the few willing to splurge. Has anyone started using the Tecnifibre X-Code as a hybrid cross? I have a full set of it in one frame as my "rain" stick when I don't want to risk gut exposed to muggy wet Florida conditions. The full set offers loads of comfort for a poly but I have no clue yet if it's soft enough to mute "poly shock" to perhaps an ALU addict. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

NewGuy
03-25-2011, 04:02 PM
When my daughter was recovering from TE, we started with NXT 16. Then Catapult 16L (TW had a sale), then Pro Supex MT 17 (then MT, now Classic), then Prince Premier LT 16. I think the tension was around 52, no higher than 54. No issues.

We now use Kirschbaum Multifibre 17 as a cross with poly mains. No issues there either.

stringertom
03-25-2011, 04:40 PM
When my daughter was recovering from TE, we started with NXT 16. Then Catapult 16L (TW had a sale), then Pro Supex MT 17 (then MT, now Classic), then Prince Premier LT 16. I think the tension was around 52, no higher than 54. No issues.

We now use Kirschbaum Multifibre 17 as a cross with poly mains. No issues there either.

Thanks for response, but the problem I'm facing is the guy who won't give up the "power addiction" to poly. Because the X-Code is a multi-constructed poly, I am thinking of it as the cross to ALU or RPM Blast, etc. Still poly but not harsh, or if you reverse the perspective, still multi but firmer.

alidisperanza
03-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Unfortunately, the best solution is RICE (Rest and Ice) especially if Tendonitis is the case.

On that note, I really liked the Kirshbaum Touch Mutifiber when I played it in the Hybrix Spin combo... Quite possibly the ONLY multifilament I would ever willingly play.

mikeler
03-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm getting ready to test out a full bed of Polystar Energy 17 tomorrow. This is for a player that has only used multis and not touched poly in 18 months. It seems pretty darn soft.