PDA

View Full Version : Any word on dunlop juice?

TheBoom
03-25-2011, 04:32 PM
I know their was a thread about it but not many people commented. Anyone have a review and comparasin?

OMGOAT
03-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Tried it before, strung it on PSGT at 56 lbs. Nothing spectacular about this string for me.
Let me compare this to blackcode.

Spin- blackcode
Comfort- about the same i guess
Tension maintenance- blackcode
Power- About the same
Durability - Can't comment, haven't broken mine

I don't know if it's because i strung it high or is the string really bad.

I guess black widow is a better choice if you were to choose between juice and black widow.

I'm not a pro but just my 2 cents

namui
06-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Played three sets with Juice 17g today (BLX90, 51 lbs). Before Juice, I'd used Topspin Cyber flash 1.25, then Polyfibre Black Venom 1.25. All at the same tension.

I liked the string on BLX90 (I have BLX95 too, but that one is good with Black Venom already). This is how I put it. All of them produces good spin. The Cyber Flash is powerful and its firm string bed leads to great control, but is too springy for me volleys. The Black Venom gives good touch and OK power, but its less firm string bed compromises my control for groundstrokes. The Juice's power is a little lacking compared to the other two, but it gives good firm string bed and great control for my groundstrokes. I also feel that the Juice's weight makes over all racquet head noticeably a little heavier (particularly when compared with Black Venom). I doubt that the slightly extra weight affects my swing speed, thereby reducing the power of my shots from the same racquet. The Juice grips the ball very well on any stroke including the volley. Just a little more pop, and I'll see nothing negative about it at all.

(I'm about 4.5, and this review is based on when I played with a group of 4.0s).

alidisperanza
06-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Friend of mine carries it in his store-- he's not particularly fond of it. Supposedly an "average" string at best. Wish I could give you a personal opinion.