PDA

View Full Version : Rafa, ARod and Isner setup

Djokolate
03-27-2011, 02:27 AM
Can a stringer/someone with their racquet confirm this?

Rafael Nadal
-AeroPro Drive Original
-Grip Size L2 (4 1/4)
-RPM Blast 1.35mm
-55lbs
-Custom Damp Yellow
-Syntec/Skinfeel Replacement Grip- Black??
-VS Original Overgrip- White
-8.5g lead under the bumper
-2.5g lead in the handle
-No string savers
-No Silicone in handle

Andy Roddick
-Pure Drive Swirly (27.5)
-Grip Size L3 (4 3/8 )
-RPM Blast or Pro Hurricane Tour 1.25mm mains
-VS Team 1.30mm crosses
-62lbs
-Elastic Band Dampener
-Leather/Syntec/Skinfeel???
-TournaGrip w/ black finishing tape
-2g lead at 3 o' clock
-2g lead at 9 o' clock
-No string savers
-Silicone in handle???

Isner
-Prince O3 White
-Grip Size L5 (4 5/8 )
-Kirschbaum Pro Line II Red 1.30mm
-64lbs and 63lbs
-No Dampener
-Not sure what replacement grip
-TournaGrip
-2.5g at 3 o' clock ( I think )
-2.5g at 9 o' clock ( I think )
-No string savers
-Silicone in handle???

PED
03-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Can a stringer/someone with their racquet confirm this?

Rafael Nadal
-AeroPro Drive Original
-Grip Size L2 (4 1/4)
-RPM Blast 1.35mm
-55lbs
-Custom Damp Yellow
-Syntec/Skinfeel Replacement Grip- Black??
-VS Original Overgrip- White
-8.5g lead under the bumper
-2.5g lead in the handle
-No string savers
-No Silicone in handle

There was actually no claim that he uses this lead setup, it was suggested by Greg Raven back in 07 after he measured Rafa's sticks that if you had a retail stick and wanted to try and replicate Rafa's setup, you might want to place the lead there. Since that time, his balance has changed so i would imagine that his lead under the bumper has dropped: he went from 33.4cm to 33cm even.

Regarding A rod, there are 2 excellent threads on here in the past 9 months featuring people who have bought his sticks, they give exhaustive info on the weight and lead placement.

Finally, Isner's stick is featured in Drakulie's great thread on stringing at the Del Ray tourney last month.

Boricua
04-01-2011, 11:54 AM
There was actually no claim that he uses this lead setup, it was suggested by Greg Raven back in 07 after he measured Rafa's sticks that if you had a retail stick and wanted to try and replicate Rafa's setup, you might want to place the lead there. Since that time, his balance has changed so i would imagine that his lead under the bumper has dropped: he went from 33.4cm to 33cm even.

Regarding A rod, there are 2 excellent threads on here in the past 9 months featuring people who have bought his sticks, they give exhaustive info on the weight and lead placement.

Finally, Isner's stick is featured in Drakulie's great thread on stringing at the Del Ray tourney last month.

So, with the adding of lead, what would be the weight, swingweight and head light or head heaviness of Nadals racket?

PED
04-02-2011, 04:03 AM
So, with the adding of lead, what would be the weight, swingweight and head light or head heaviness of Nadals racket?

Greg Raven measured it a few weeks back at 33cm balance(4pts HL) 336g static weight and 344 swingweight.

Richard Parnell
04-02-2011, 04:55 AM
I posted the weight/ balance/ SW of one of his frames in a post about his frames further down the list. This is a pre cortex APD and can't remember when he gave it to me but the figures are there.

All the best

Up&comer
06-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Isner is using red code, not pl2