PDA

View Full Version : Stringing Fischer Pro No 1

nipu_ro
03-27-2011, 06:56 AM
I want to string this racquet and i'm interested in what tension (i'm not a hard hitter and i don't use too much topspin).
If i want the string to last longer have to use a lower tension?
Thanks.

fuzz nation
03-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Tricky question, since you can put different string types in that racquet and find different feel and performance with various tensions. I'm pretty sure that the older Fischer Pro No 1's are a little on the snappy side - not too soft and dead - so you might get a little more zing than you want with let's say a resilient multifiber at rather low tension (low to mid 50's).

I personally enjoy either 16 or 17 gauge synthetic gut in my racquets for the feel, performance, and service life they give me. Feel is a really subjective issue, but this string is both soft enough and crisp enough for me. Plus, it's rather easy for me to dial in the tension I like in my different racquets with it (I string my own gear). Enough about me.

That Pro No 1 might be about right with a syn. gut at 56-58 lbs., but it's probably important to consider that your first try will only give you a point of reference. It could work fine for you on your first guess, but it might not. Multifiber would offer a softer alternative, but you could also get that through lowering tension by two or three pounds with a syn. gut. If the first guess is too soft, try maybe three lbs. tighter on the next go.

nipu_ro
03-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Mains and cross have different tensions ?
I want 24 for mains and 23(or 22) for cross . Its ok ?( i want the string to last more with a loose tension).

TheRed
03-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Tricky question, since you can put different string types in that racquet and find different feel and performance with various tensions. I'm pretty sure that the older Fischer Pro No 1's are a little on the snappy side - not too soft and dead - so you might get a little more zing than you want with let's say a resilient multifiber at rather low tension (low to mid 50's).

I personally enjoy either 16 or 17 gauge synthetic gut in my racquets for the feel, performance, and service life they give me. Feel is a really subjective issue, but this string is both soft enough and crisp enough for me. Plus, it's rather easy for me to dial in the tension I like in my different racquets with it (I string my own gear). Enough about me.

That Pro No 1 might be about right with a syn. gut at 56-58 lbs., but it's probably important to consider that your first try will only give you a point of reference. It could work fine for you on your first guess, but it might not. Multifiber would offer a softer alternative, but you could also get that through lowering tension by two or three pounds with a syn. gut. If the first guess is too soft, try maybe three lbs. tighter on the next go.

Fuzz has good advice. Although the Pro 1 lists rec tension as 50-70, it's best at lower tensions, around 56-58 for syn gut. 65lbs would make is virtually unplayable.

mauricem
03-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Ive been through a few stringing options with my Mpro 1s.

Started with Cyber Blue poly mains @54 and Gossen SG crosses @56. Lots of control, spin and adequate power with this setup but old elbow injury started to play up so I changed to a full bed of X-1 biphase at around 54lbs.

Nice and soft, more power and I needed to dial down my swing to keep the ball in but the biggest thing missing was the crazy topspin I could get with poly strings.

The elbow started to heal up so I gave the poly hybrid another chance this time using a multi in the crosses, Mantis Comfort but overall this setup felt very similar to using the cheaper SG in the crosses.

My recommendations if you have no arm problems would be a poly/sg hybrid strung in low 50s and add lead at 3 and 9 for added stability.

nipu_ro
04-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks all for the tips. I stringit with babolat duralast 16 at 24-23. In the past i had elbow pain.

SirGounder
04-01-2011, 01:22 PM
I enjoyed NRG2 at 60 lbs in it. Looking back I probably should have tried maybe 55 or so.

tennis4josh
04-01-2011, 01:36 PM
I don't know which pro No 1 you are talking about. I am assuming its the newer pro No 1 (2006 and later). I have played with those in the past and I have been playing with Fischer M Tour for last 2 years. In my experience Fischers play well at the lower end. Its a low powered flexy racket. I would recommend starting at 50 lbs range with some nice multi / synthetic gut. It won't be a rocket launcher, I promise.

nipu_ro
04-02-2011, 11:08 PM
I don't know which pro No 1 you are talking about. I am assuming its the newer pro No 1 (2006 and later). I have played with those in the past and I have been playing with Fischer M Tour for last 2 years. In my experience Fischers play well at the lower end. Its a low powered flexy racket. I would recommend starting at 50 lbs range with some nice multi / synthetic gut. It won't be a rocket launcher, I promise.
This is the racket http://img1.price.ro/images/preturi/big_new/5/7/3/112573.jpg

Steve Huff
04-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Before poly became so popular, the old Fischers recommendation was 54#. I don't know if that recommendation took into consideration that some machines were constant pull and some not, but 54# on a crank, with syn gut seemed to play best. Any tighter seemed to shrink the sweet spot and too much looser caused the strings to move a lot. This was on the VT 98, which most people felt was the same racket as the Pro 1.