PDA

View Full Version : Cont: Fast Serving

bc-05
02-24-2004, 02:29 AM
This is just the extension for the other disscussion... As i sed i have a friend who hits serves at 125-130mph (in the 200s kph) serves cosistently while we were on training at Memorial Drive and also he has the hugest forehand i've ever seen in real life and sometimes his backhands are bombs as well... And all of you sed that you dont need power to make good serve and I totally agree with you guys... I mean we're both in the state team for South Australia.. eventhough he was the number one player in South Australia... I've beaten him a couple of times in training... But just for interest... not that i need it... I just wanna know how can you generate that much power on serves and ground strokes? I'm a 6'2 player and he's only a 5'10!!!! And i could only hit it in the serves at 180s kph (around 110-115 mph) mark, i kno this is good enough because Hewitt hits it at this pace and he still was the number 1??? I asked my coach and he said not to worry... and i appreciate that comment... It's just for interest can you give any comment or tips on how he hits this huge groundstrokes and serves??? thanks..... I wish i could hit the ball that hard!!!!!!![/b]

Verbal_Kint
02-24-2004, 03:53 AM
Technique.

There's also a factor called 'genes'. Some people have really flexible shoulders, this should give them more potential service speed. Long limbs also help.. ;)

Marnix

Big D
02-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Agree. Technique. Are you hitting with your arm completly extended? is your arm loose? Try tossing just 2 more inches in front of you.

Bungalo Bill
02-24-2004, 02:07 PM
By sonic serve from TW, it has all the info you need to develop that powerful serve. But the key is you must want to practice it.

I will try to get Pat Dougherty to comment on how to develop that powerful serve. But most of the info is in the video.

crosscourt
02-24-2004, 02:15 PM
BB -- could you ask Mr Dougherty how you initiate and complete the hip snap that is so important to the sonic serve? I have the Bolletieri Handbook which talks a lot about the snap without really saying what it is. Many thanks

CC

Marty
02-24-2004, 08:13 PM
What shop in adelaide do you get your tennis equipment from bc-05.

bc-05
02-25-2004, 03:36 AM
hey marty,
I get my equipments from sports furst at norwood parade... and also sometimes i get it from TW through internet.... maybe that's because they sometimes it is much cheaper to get it from TW... for example i payed 259 AUD (around U$200 plus S/H/I) for my head lm radical.... and if u buy it from sports furst last time i checked they were selling it for 435 AUD (U$334)