PDA

View Full Version : SP Tornado = Poly Plasma = Hyperion ???

retlod
03-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Is it possible that all three of these strings, which share a certain set of properties, are really just different versions of the same string? Could Signum Pro be making a huge patch of polyester, then adding some orange color to make PP? Add some black color and you've got Hyperion. Twist the Hyperion and you get Tornado. Conspiracy theory? Yes. Thoughts?

pvaudio
03-28-2011, 05:09 PM
......Wow. You've clearly not played with all 3. While I do believe that Tornado may be a shaped version of Hyperion (albeit a bit stiffer), SPPP is nothing similar in the slightest. It's a completely different string with completely different feel and tension stability.

rodrigoamaral
03-28-2011, 05:14 PM
not even close..poly plasma and the hyperion plays very different to each other..

Alan_Hill
03-28-2011, 09:13 PM
not even close..poly plasma and the hyperion plays very different to each other..

How do they play different ?

dadozen
03-29-2011, 05:03 AM
SPPP is stiffer and holds tension better then Hyperion.

I've also played the three, and although Tornado MIGHT be a shaped version of Hyperion, they all play differently.

TNIipc2731500
03-29-2011, 06:41 PM
WHen I play with SPPP, it's one of the softest polys I have ever played with, it makes my whole racquet a sweet spot and sometimes I wish the strings would be stiffer. It also gives more control and spin. With the hyperion, the strings are stiffer and gives more power. It's completely different. Signum Pro is one of my favorite string company and trust me, there's no way they would pull a stunt as to change only the color and give it a different name. I do believe babolat does that with the RPM blast which I can't find a difference with the pro hurricane.

pvaudio
03-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Wait, you thought that SPPP was softer than Hyperion? I agree that it's more control oriented, but softer? I can count on one hand the number of polys softer than Hyperion, and SPPP isn't one of them.

ManuGinobili
03-30-2011, 07:07 PM
SPPP is certainly the least soft on the arm out of the three.

There might be similarity in the formula between Hyperion and Tornado, but they are not the same string. In fact, Signum Pro is testing a smooth string based on Tornado's formula.

Buckethead
03-31-2011, 05:34 PM
SPtornado is Hyperion shaped.
SPPP is different from the Bline tornado.
Signum Tornado is only good for 5 hours, after that it becomes round and breaks in about 10-12 hours.
ALu Power Rough is a way better.