PDA

View Full Version : Hollow core and polylon.

Larrysümmers
03-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Its almost 2am and i can sleep. I have a set of Hollow core that i am going to hybrid. since i will, i figure i would post my findings on here, even though i doubt many people will care about this setup.:twisted: i am thinking 53lbs.

sepidoel
03-29-2011, 09:39 AM
I have my Prince Rebel 95 (18X20) and Wilson K61 95 (16x18) strung with Hollow Core Pro (main, 55 lbs) and Luxilon Adrenaline 17 (cross, 50 lbs). My testimony would be a bit biased because it seems my hand love very soft string bed too much. Nevertheless it's still quite good experience.

I'd absolutely like to hear yours. :)

Larrysümmers
03-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I played with this set up in a doubles match. it was nice because i was able to get the same amount of spin like when i used a full bed of polylon. but i had more power. it was nice because it was a lot more controlable power. and even tho that i strung it higher, it was easier on the arm. full bed of polylon at 35lbs doesnt hurt me, but it was just that the hollow core mains were softer.
my first serves were also flatter. same speed, just flatter.
the only negative is that i had some trouble landing my kick serve in. but when i did get it in, it had a nice kick to it.

sepidoel
03-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Because before the hybrid I used full bed Hollow Core Pro my experience is quite on the contrary. It became harder, more spin and most important is little movement. Anything else is more or less the same with yours. Nice to hear your sharing. :)