PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre Black Code 17 vs Genesis Black Magic

precision2b
03-29-2011, 08:08 AM
I string for a high school team and they all have Nadal racquets and they all want black string in them. I am currently stringing them with Tecnifibre Black Code 17. (I know Nadal is supposedly using RPM Blast) Am trying to get the cost down for them. Every time I suggest a deferent string I think they will like they will ask for the “black string” so if anyone has tried these I would appreciate your input…

Thanks

rodrigoamaral
03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Both are good strings and the Black Magic is one of of my top 5 favorites as it is good for spin, control and offers very good feel and comfort, price is also exceptional...If you are trying to get the cost down and all they care is a "black string", have them try the black magic..

pvaudio
03-29-2011, 07:08 PM
MSV Hex 1.18 or 1.23, black. They won't know the difference and IMO plays better than both of those.

BigT
03-29-2011, 07:22 PM
My customers have been very pleased lately with Pro's Pro Blackout and Black Force. They cannot believe they are so inexpensive.

Rabbit
03-29-2011, 07:25 PM
I have a reel of TF Black Code 18 and a reel of Genesis Black Magic 17. Between the two, they are virtually indistinguishable except for price. :)

The Black Magic is a great string and will do everything TF Black Code can, but it does have more power/feel than the Black Code. I think it's a slightly better string for a lot better price.

mctennis
03-30-2011, 05:13 AM
My customers have been very pleased lately with Pro's Pro Blackout and Black Force. They cannot believe they are so inexpensive.

I tried them both and thought they lost tension quickly ( 4-6 hours) and there was no touch or feel with them. If you like power yes but just for a short time. IMO.

precision2b
03-30-2011, 05:53 AM
Both are good strings and the Black Magic is one of of my top 5 favorites as it is good for spin, control and offers very good feel and comfort, price is also exceptional...If you are trying to get the cost down and all they care is a "black string", have them try the black magic..
No and I haven’t tried it ether. I have heard good things about Genesis strings and yes you are wright they just care about the “BLACK STRING” They are doing very well this year and I didn’t want to do anything to hurt them the rest of the season …
I tried them both and thought they lost tension quickly ( 4-6 hours) and there was no touch or feel with them. If you like power yes but just for a short time. IMO.
i no the Black Code drops for me in 8 to 10 hrs but i have only had 1 player that noticed the drop. To me all ploy's do that...

rodrigoamaral
03-30-2011, 06:26 AM
No and I haven’t tried it ether. I have heard good things about Genesis strings and yes you are wright they just care about the “BLACK STRING” They are doing very well this year and I didn’t want to do anything to hurt them the rest of the season …

i no the Black Code drops for me in 8 to 10 hrs but i have only had 1 player that noticed the drop. To me all ploy's do that...

mctennis was referring to the Pro's Pro strings that lose tension fast... the black code and black magic hold tension relatively well..

BigT
03-30-2011, 08:02 AM
People said the same back when I first introduced PolyStar strings to these boards, and now they seem satisfied.

mctennis
03-30-2011, 08:24 AM
mctennis was referring to the Pro's Pro strings that lose tension fast... the black code and black magic hold tension relatively well..

Yes, that is correct. Thanks for clarifying that rodrigoamaral. I was referring to the Pro's Pro strings.

precision2b
04-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Ordered a reel of Black Magic 17 should be here tomorrow. They have a big match next week and I will be stringing several rackets for the team. I think I will wait until they practice this week before I tell them of the switch to see if they notice. Will post feedback…

precision2b
04-06-2011, 11:54 AM
The reel of Black Magic came today. Looks and feel just like the Black Code. Man I hope this string works out. After -$8.49 promo code and free shipping total cost for the reel was $76.41!!! Big deference from $195.00 per reel…:shock:

genius24
04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I string for a high school team and they all have Nadal racquets and they all want black string in them. I am currently stringing them with Tecnifibre Black Code 17. (I know Nadal is supposedly using RPM Blast) Am trying to get the cost down for them. Every time I suggest a deferent string I think they will like they will ask for the “black string” so if anyone has tried these I would appreciate your input…

Thanks

i would go with black code for sure between the 2. far better all around string.

militaryman2477
04-06-2011, 12:17 PM
If you are really trying to bring the cost down and want a textured black string a reel of Golden Set Snake Bite only costs around 75. Not a bad string, I use it with their classic in crosses and brings the cost per job down and plays relatively well. Depending on the skill level of your players they won't know the difference.

genius24
04-06-2011, 12:24 PM
what about solinco barb wire or rpm blast?

precision2b
04-20-2011, 05:57 AM
what about solinco barb wire or rpm blast?

These want bring down the cost. Have you tried Solinco Tour Bite 17 and can you compare it to Barb Wire. I was thinking of trying it for me not the team. The Tour Bite 17 is my favorite at the moment and for me it’s what I compare all strings to…

rodrigoamaral
04-20-2011, 07:28 PM
These want bring down the cost. Have you tried Solinco Tour Bite 17 and can you compare it to Barb Wire. I was thinking of trying it for me not the team. The Tour Bite 17 is my favorite at the moment and for me it’s what I compare all strings to…

what did the team end up thinking of the black magic?

precision2b
04-21-2011, 06:47 AM
what did the team end up thinking of the black magic?

So far so good. I only strung 2 with Black Magic and when I asked them how they liked the string, one said it was a little deferent but could not tell me how. Both said they liked it. So I think we have a winner. :mrgreen: They lost last Tuesday but it was to a better team. I played the string and the only deference I found was it has more power. I re-strung and added 4 lbs and that seems to help. I haven’t played a match with it yet just hit off the old wall, but I have a match tonight if the weather holds up and will post my results as soon as I can…

rodrigoamaral
04-24-2011, 01:28 PM
So far so good. I only strung 2 with Black Magic and when I asked them how they liked the string, one said it was a little referent but could not tell me how. Both said they liked it. So I think we have a winner. :mrgreen: They lost last Tuesday but it was to a better team. I played the string and the only deference I found was it has more power. I re-strung and added 4 lbs and that seems to help. I haven’t played a match with it yet just hit off the old wall, but I have a match tonight if the weather holds up and will post my results as soon as I can…

haha... this just shows that you can get away with putting a similar string at half the price and get the same feedback from your customers..did you end up getting the 16 or 17 gauge?

tennisjon
04-24-2011, 06:32 PM

The Blackout is so similar to Technifibre Black Code, that I honestly can not tell the difference.

precision2b
04-25-2011, 07:11 AM
haha... this just shows that you can get away with putting a similar string at half the price and get the same feedback from your customers..did you end up getting the 16 or 17 gauge?

17ga ya, all they care about is that it's black...

BigT
04-26-2011, 11:54 PM
The Blackout is so similar to Technifibre Black Code, that I honestly can not tell the difference.

Did you string them at the same tension?

tennisjon
04-27-2011, 03:10 AM
Did you string them at the same tension?

Yup, same tension. Although, I didn't string them up at the same time, so it is a little comparing fresh and old.