PDA

View Full Version : O3 Strings?

TennisBandit
03-29-2011, 07:10 PM
I recently got I a new Prince O3 Blue racquet and as much as everyone loves stock form, it's time to get some new strings. I'm a 3.0 - 3.5 player, I typically like using a all court game in singles, but I play on a high school team so I do play more doubles. The racquet helps me with power, so I'm looking for a more controlled string with some bite and would prefer durability if possible. But, I have NO clue about strings, so maybe you here at TT can help me. Thanks.

Carolina Racquet
03-30-2011, 01:15 AM
I've used a O3 Blue in the past with Big Hitter Blue Rough poly. Full disclosure, I love the string in anything, but it works great with the Blue.

If you want a little more durability, try the 16g first. This string is soft for a poly and if strung about 58lbs, will reduce the power a bit. It also holds tension well and doesn't go dead quickly.

As for a non-playing comment... IMO the string also looks great in the frame. Blue on Black n Blue!

Might have to order it yourself and take to a stringer. Most big box stores won't carry it.