PDA

View Full Version : Need High Tension Stability Strings!

Funbun
03-29-2011, 08:33 PM
I've strung with Topspin Cyberflash mains and PSG w/ Duraflex crosses two weeks ago at my local stringer. It was very nice at first, with a really high tension. I could spin shots in any way, kick up my serves with ease, and hit winners if needed. Now, my stringbed is a literal trampoline. I have to use extreme topspin to get my shots in and they always go where I don't want them to be.

But to the point; what's the best strings for tension maintenance? I want to note I have no access to Topspin Cyberflash in my area (I got my old stringjob set when I was in Texas for vacation) nor any Signum Pro strings. My local tennis shop holds a lot of Prince strings; that's where I get my synthetic gut from. They also have several Wilson strings and a few sets of the Luxilon BB's. I honestly don't know what to buy; Luxilon sounds great but too expensive and probably not long lasting at all, both in playability and tension maintenance. I feel like all the Prince strings would last me like 3 days max, and I have no idea about the Wilson strings. I play 5-6 times a day, totaling to about 12-14 hours a week.

Should I just opt to restring my racquet every two weeks? Or can you guys suggest a string or two that can at least hold the tension? I swear, I cannot perform at my absolute best if my shots are rocket launchers. Or spinny rocket launchers, for that matter. I'm surprised that my current strings haven't even shifted yet.

I want to mention I'm a junior. I typically use moderate to heavy spin, and I play a rather defensive game (if my shots don't launch like they do now). I have had no history of tennis elbow or shoulder injuries using poly strings for the past 3 years. I have only broken my strings once, but that was recently when I started to use heavier spin.

El Diablo
03-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Weisscannon, Kirschbaum, Klip.

Funbun
03-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Weisscannon, Kirschbaum, Klip.

None of those are available at the local shop.

El Diablo
03-29-2011, 08:56 PM
They are all available at the un-local shop.

scotus
03-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Buy from TW and take them to your local shop for stringing.

esgee48
03-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Go to TW University, String Performance, String Database and compare the strings that they have tested. POSG/DF holds tension pretty well according to this database. What you want is a main that is similar and available at your pro shop.