PDA

View Full Version : Head Microgel Mojo 100 String Set-up?

SteveI
03-30-2011, 10:54 AM
While this frame appears to be in the "Tweener" class it is very much a lower power frame with a 18 x 19 string pattern. It is the 3rd or 4th generation of the Head Ti. Heat. You really have to swing out with this frame to generate pop, but the frame has great control. Flex is 62 and beam is 22 mm.. and weighs 10.4.. 10.6 oz with even balance. I was thinking a full bed of OG 17 @ 58 or so.. or a nice multi.. I think X-1 would also be a nice set-up @ 60.
The frame is really a light weight players frame.. L3 swing type

Ideas?

Thanks..

SteveI
04-01-2011, 04:43 AM
Anyone???

Thanks..

Tennis_Crazed
04-01-2011, 10:34 AM
If you're looking for a non-poly set-up, which you probably are, i'd start with the OG in the high 50's as you've noted. Great all around string at a good price. If moneys not an issue byall means start with the X-1!

SteveI
04-01-2011, 05:16 PM
If you're looking for a non-poly set-up, which you probably are, i'd start with the OG in the high 50's as you've noted. Great all around string at a good price. If moneys not an issue byall means start with the X-1!

Hi,

Thanks for the insights. I picked up this frame a few weeks ago and have been playing with the string that was installed (Head Syn Gut 16). The frame has outstanding control and I can still get decent pace of the ground and serve. I was thinking that an OG 17 about 58-59 might provide a bit more pop and increased feel. My other thought was some X-1. I have a 1/2 set sitting here. Thinking of using it in the mains with a OG 17 cross. Since the frame has a tight 18 x 19.. the X-1 chould hold up better and even when it losses tension, it still might provide a playable set-up. The extra power would not hurt with this frame. Poly would not seem to be the right set-up in this frame unless you used a soft 17G under 50lbs..

Thanks..