PDA

View Full Version : Any Good Hybrid Suggestions?

topspin718
03-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Im looking to try a few new string setups on my new wilson kblade tour. Mainly looking for control, feel, and good tension stability. Any suggestions?

Up&comer
03-31-2011, 03:13 PM
If you aren't worried about durability (which shouldn't be an issue with an 18x20 string pattern, obviously champions choice with the gut in the mains, or if you want something cheaper sp tornado mains with gosen og sheep micro crosses. The only thing is I cant tell you exactly what will feel good to you, so I would start with one of those and if you want more feel, get the gut or synth in mains, more control, the other way around. Anyway, if you do go with champions choice, I'd string the crosses about 2 or 3 pounds tighter.

Good luck

topspin718
03-31-2011, 03:26 PM
If you aren't worried about durability (which shouldn't be an issue with an 18x20 string pattern, obviously champions choice with the gut in the mains, or if you want something cheaper sp tornado mains with gosen og sheep micro crosses. The only thing is I cant tell you exactly what will feel good to you, so I would start with one of those and if you want more feel, get the gut or synth in mains, more control, the other way around. Anyway, if you do go with champions choice, I'd string the crosses about 2 or 3 pounds tighter.

Good luck

Thanks for your feedback
I was thinking about going with this at first but was wondering if there are any poly's with less power than ALU. Pretty hard to generate spin with this string pattern so was looking for a lower powered poly to keep my groundstrokes on court.

kiteboard
03-31-2011, 03:43 PM
vs team/og micro.

Up&comer
03-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Thanks for your feedback
I was thinking about going with this at first but was wondering if there are any poly's with less power than ALU. Pretty hard to generate spin with this string pattern so was looking for a lower powered poly to keep my groundstrokes on court.
For low powered polys, rpm, although it will go dead really fast. I thought polyfiber venom was pretty low powered, and technifibre black code. Msv focus hex as well. I know I'm suggesting all black strings, but I've been trying to find a substitute for fresh rpm that lasts longer, but really there's nothing like it in my opinion. I'd suggest the vs team/og micro if you like everything about gut except the price tag.

Good luck