PDA

View Full Version : Good Multi for PS 85

T1000
03-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Trying out some hybrids and since I know virtually nothing and have no experience with multis, I need some help. I've read through Mikler's review list which was helpful and has helped me pick some to try out. I'm a college kid and money is a factor, otherwise I would be stringing with Babolat NG 17g and alu rough crosses. What multi feels the most like Babolat NG, I tried x-1 biphase and hated it. The only other multi I've played with is the Kirschbaum one and it was ok, nothing great about it.

I'm looking at Babolat Addiction 17g since its $11 a set, which will get me two racuqets. And I'm crossing this string with Genesis Typhoon if that matters. Anyother good ones on TW that I can try, I'm only looking at TW brands since I need new leather grips and grommets as well. Thanks

Doubles
03-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Ever tried RIP Control? It plays like a poly, only it's incredibly soft. It would probably work well with Typhoon, because I found it to be rather durable. Considering that you'll be using Typhoon, a multi will probably rip easily with something that textured...

flashfire276
03-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Ever tried RIP Control? It plays like a poly, only it's incredibly soft. It would probably work well with Typhoon, because I found it to be rather durable. Considering that you'll be using Typhoon, a multi will probably rip easily with something that textured...

+1 with RIP Control here.
And if you can shoot with a poly, really consider a full bed of Typhoon or Black Magic. Very soft polys, and are a great choice in its price class.

aimr75
03-31-2011, 09:43 PM
maxim touch is nice.. i think they did a newer version of it, but i have a reel of the original maxim touch

mikeler
04-01-2011, 05:28 AM
maxim touch is nice.. i think they did a newer version of it, but i have a reel of the original maxim touch

The new version bit the dust. The old version is back as a "classic".