PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is Sampras Using?

FederGOAT
04-01-2011, 12:20 AM
I have heard that Sampras has moved on to the Babolat Pure Storm Tour after using various models of the Legendary Pro Staff over the years. However, in MSG, when Sampras played against Agassi, he certainly wasn't using a pure storm. What I would like to know is whether Sampras has indeed switched to Babolat or is still using the Pro Staff.

eleventeenth street
04-01-2011, 04:12 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=370496&highlight=sampras&page=2

it was a pure storm

Lefty5
04-01-2011, 06:28 AM
also, seems weird to see him with a Red "Sampras" dampener. He was always die hard on the black one, no?

vsbabolat
04-01-2011, 06:33 AM
I have heard that Sampras has moved on to the Babolat Pure Storm Tour after using various models of the Legendary Pro Staff over the years. However, in MSG, when Sampras played against Agassi, he certainly wasn't using a pure storm. What I would like to know is whether Sampras has indeed switched to Babolat or is still using the Pro Staff.

At MSG when Sampras played Agassi it was a blacked out Babolat Pure Storm Tour.

VGP
04-01-2011, 06:37 AM
also, seems weird to see him with a Red "Sampras" dampener. He was always die hard on the black one, no?

I think even though the red is in the same end of the visible color spectrum of orange and yellow, it clashes with the look of the PS85 and the kPS88.

But, he used Tournagrip with the red finishing tape. I always thought it didn't look the best. Function over aesthetics I guess.

Anyway, the red dampener looked ok with the blacked out PST with his same blue grip and red finishing tape.

adidasman
04-01-2011, 11:59 AM
I think even though the red is in the same end of the visible color spectrum of orange and yellow, it clashes with the look of the PS85 and the kPS88.

But, he used Tournagrip with the red finishing tape. I always thought it didn't look the best. Function over aesthetics I guess.

Anyway, the red dampener looked ok with the blacked out PST with his same blue grip and red finishing tape. The red finishing tape is part of the TournaGrip look, part of their branding. Forget function; what the red tape does is tell people he uses TournaGrip.

Cup8489
04-01-2011, 01:07 PM
The red finishing tape is part of the TournaGrip look, part of their branding. Forget function; what the red tape does is tell people he uses TournaGrip.

well, the red finishing tape IS free; sampras isn't exactly a big spender. Lol.

VGP
04-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I already knew the red tape is part of Unique's Tournagrip branding.

It's funny in the old packages of Tournagrip with Sampras on them, they photo edited a red stripe at the top of Sampras' grips back when he used white athletic tape to secure his overgrips.....

VGP
04-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Just looked at the product pages on TW and Sampras is still on the package......with red stripes added. :)