PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Coatings and Stiffness

TimothyO
04-01-2011, 05:07 AM
Does anyone know if the coatings on Pro Hurricane and Hurricane Feel are the same? They look similar in structure while PHT is textured. There's some friction data available on Hurricane Feel and PHT but nothing on Pro Hurricane and I'm wondering how Pro Hurricane might work in a low friction hybrid.

Also, the stiffness ratings for regular Pro Hurricane are lower than Hurricane Feel but Hurricane Feel is marketed as being more comfortable. I've enjoyed Hurricane Feel but is Pro Hurricane 17 even more comfy?

DavidNERODease
04-01-2011, 07:31 AM
I've wonderd the same thing... I find Pro Hurricane 17 and 18 to be very comfortable and powerful for a poly but Hurricane Feel is really stiff and dead. I don't know if the texture on Pro Hurricane changes the properties of the string but it would be awesome if we could have a smooth Pro Hurricane. Hurricane Feel, RPM BLast are just too stiff for me. I have not used Pro Hurricane Tour but it has the the same texture and similar properties to PH. We need Pro Hurricane Smooth and Pro Hurricane Tour Smooth string if that is possible.

DavidNERODease
04-01-2011, 07:33 AM
okay not exactly the same thing but yah :)

DavidNERODease
04-01-2011, 07:36 AM
hehe - and when I say texture I'm talking about the no-shiny finish on PH and PHT not the octagonal shape of PHT and RPM