PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Professional Spin...

rofl_copter3
04-02-2011, 05:57 PM
I just finished playing a few sets with the Gamma Professional spin full set. I've wanted to try it for a while but had rather low expectations for it.

I strung it in a Becker Pro weighted to 13oz and I'm around a 3.5-4 all courter with a kinda poor serve...

The string felt soft and muted not crisp at 60 mains/58 crosses
Spin was better than a lot of multis but not as good as like hexy fiber...

Power was low and control was ok volleys were good and soft shots were pretty good as well

Tension stability has been ok so far besides a drop after about 30 mins but this is pretty normal...

Over all a waste of money for $20 And nothing at all overly good to say about the string...

mrtrinh
04-02-2011, 06:11 PM
i agree with you completely. gamma professional felt dead and mushy to me. way over priced as well

Lefty5
04-04-2011, 07:44 AM
I just finished playing a few sets with the Gamma Professional spin full set. I've wanted to try it for a while but had rather low expectations for it.

I strung it in a Becker Pro weighted to 13oz and I'm around a 3.5-4 all courter with a kinda poor serve...

The string felt soft and muted not crisp at 60 mains/58 crosses
Spin was better than a lot of multis but not as good as like hexy fiber...

Power was low and control was ok volleys were good and soft shots were pretty good as well

Tension stability has been ok so far besides a drop after about 30 mins but this is pretty normal...

Over all a waste of money for $20 And nothing at all overly good to say about the string...

They have some kind of performance guarantee now. Cut it out and send it back!!! They say they'll refund your money and string job. I would definitely take them up on it.

genius24
04-04-2011, 04:59 PM
They have some kind of performance guarantee now. Cut it out and send it back!!! They say they'll refund your money and string job. I would definitely take them up on it.

interesting....not sure if it is a smart move on the part of gamma. im sure people are going to use and abuse that

Lefty5
04-05-2011, 05:57 AM
i wish this guarantee had been around last year when I was trying all their poly's. I either broke them really quickly or had to cut them out because they were unplayable. I've since moved on to bigger, better, and cheaper alternatives.